Thread: HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook getting locked and my key become invalid

HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook getting locked and my key become invalid

I bought an HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC and forgot to activate my key. Today I'm locked and my key has become invalid. What can be done? I do have a key but it has become incorrect because I timed activation. What can do now? Regarding this I have visited many of the forum site but unable to get appropriate solution for my query. So if you guys have any suggestion on this so please help me as soon as it is possible for you guys. I will be thankful for you guys in advance.

Re: HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook getting locked and my key become invalid

Actually I am also going the same and about it I know only this much that this key has been entered in the installation? If you timed activation, why not try to call Microsoft customer service? Normally, activation should be possible and it does not seem that there is a reason that the key to become obsolete. I am also looking for the better solution from your side so please help us as soon as you can.

When you buy Windows or a new computer running Windows, this is actually not the files of the software itself but you get the right to use it: it is the license. It is therefore possible to use any CD-Rom for Windows, which are all identical, as we respect the version that we bought the basic version, family (home), professional or ultimate version yet. So this is what I know about it and I am sure this will help you.

Actually I have got this information from the official website and I am sure that this information will help you. The license key is unique and exceptions can be used to enable a single computer a single computer or "both" explanations. When you buy Windows preinstalled on a computer, it is a version called OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer), the license is tied to the computer and can be installed on a second PC, even if the former is more in service. Similarly, too large hardware changes on that computer (as a change of motherboard) you could not activate Windows again after installation. Better yet, there may be a hardware modification causes a request to reactivate the license, without reinstalling Windows. Often in the case of computers purchased with Windows pre-installed, the license key is printed on a sticker on the computer. The life of the license is therefore closely linked to the machine. Unlike the OEM versions, versions "box" of Windows allow you to reinstall at will, whether on a computer on which you have made changes in hardware or a new PC. Only limitation, the license must be active on one machine at a time. If you own two computers in use, you must pay two different licenses. In the case of the boxed version, the license key is inside the box that contains the CD-ROM.

When you buy a computer with Windows, it is pre-installed and the license key already entered It will activate automatically when the first connection to the internet. It is likely that there is no manipulation to do either when you restore your computer using the CD-Rom or burned food provided by your manufacturer. If you own a Windows disk classic, the license key will be required during the installation process. If you ask Windows will activate only the first internet connection. However, you can zap this stage and does not provide the key when prompted, you will then have 30 days to provide and activate the system. So this is what I know about it and I am sure you get relevant information from this. And also I have read all the solution which is given above and I think that will also helpful for you.