Thread: How to get out of the D-SUB Power Saving Mode

How to get out of the D-SUB Power Saving Mode

I have an old 18 inch flat panel from Dell. When I switched it on today it just could not wake up as the display keeps on displaying some message. The message that got flashed was the ‘D-SUB Power Saving Mode’. I then switched the monitor off and then again tried but to no avail. I just tried the monitor when connected via DVI and it works fine however the same "Power Saving Mode" message comes up when connected via VGA on a different machine with a new VGA cable. SO anyone knows the solution to this query. Please help me out on this issue.

Re: How to get out of the D-SUB Power Saving Mode

I had a LCD monitor awhile ago that had a very similar problem to this one. Even I tried out many things and then found out that the VGA port on the monitor itself had gone bad and just used the DVI port instead. Once I used the DVI port the issue was completely resolved. I think that you can even try out with the VGA to DVI adapter if your video card only has VGA out. But the other option will be to go with the DVI option only. Or I would have to say that it seems the VGA port has gone bad.

I just had a look at your problem and feel that your hardware is all fine. I have an LG flatron monitor that which had a similar kind of issue. I don’t know what causes it but it’s random and have seen many facing this issue. I am pretty sure it has to do with the PC. Once what happened was that I was cleaning my keyboard and hitting random F keys in the process and it caused this problem to occur again. And then after searching around for a true answer I could not find one.

I have a solution to this fix. I feel that you can solve this problem by disconnecting all cables and then powering down all devices followed by removing the battery from the motherboard. And then you need to clear the CMOS with the jumper and then the last step should be to the reassembling process. It should work for you. You just need to follow this steps and them it will fix the issue permanently. Also do let us know if this one works for you.

I think that you should follow the previous solution and feel that it is correct. But for some reason I feel that you need to follow some more steps. What you need to do is that you need to clear the CMOS. And also remember that there are multiple causes of this same problem so yours isn't the only one. What happened in my situation was that the VGA port was simply blown and wouldn't work on any PC. It was similar to the OP and then tried it on different PC's and it still didn't work.

Thanks a lot for all your solution. It really worked for me. I tried using same steps and followed them perfectly. What I did was I tried disconnecting all cables and then powering down all devices followed by removing the battery from the motherboard. And then I cleared the CMOS with the jumper and then the last step I followed the reassembling process. So I would again like to thank you all for all your solutions that you have provided me as they have helped me to fix the issue.