Thread: Event log controller error "\Device\IDE\IDE Port1" in windows 7

Event log controller error "\Device\IDE\IDE Port1" in windows 7

I am getting a peculiar type of event log error message in my windows 7 compatible dell inspiron one desktop PC. The problem is starts appearing from last few weeks. The error message is "\Device\IDE\IDE Port1". Is this a hardware related or for and software related or for the operating system itself can’t understand. I applied many tricks regarding this but nothing was helped me. Is here anyone having any idea on this issue?

Re: Event log controller error "\Device\IDE\IDE Port1" in windows 7

This could be occurring for the hardware device driver, this was also occurring in my system with the windows vista. To resolve this I recommend you to enter into the device manager and from there look for the device drivers; those were installed in your system. Along with also look for the port device drivers, I think if this occurring for the hardware devices then any of the causing device driver will appears under the device manager with the yellow mark. Right click on it and choose the software update option.

Run the windows default chkdsk, if there is any issue with the windows log file or with the any other stored files, then by this process it will be removed. I hope this process will surely somehow help you to overcome from the problem. I was also having this similar issue, after that one of my friend suggests me with this process; I tried this and get help. I hope this will surely help you. Along with this also suggest you to make sure that the physical devices of your system are working fine with all of its functions.

As per the error message that you mentioned in your post, the IDE cables are for the hard devices or for the CD/DVD drives, so I think the problem is between any one of them, for that I recommend you to check into the device manager for them along with this also try with a simple procedure to resolve this issue. Choose manage option by right click on My computer, under that double click on device manager. Now double click on IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller and choose the desire control for your system. Select the transfer mode and reboot your system. The problem will surely resolve with this technique, try this.

Thank you all of you for your kind respond regarding the problem that I posted here. Form this forum I always get positive responses. Maximum results from this forum site are worked for me. This time I also overcome from the mentioned problem. I tried with the last post, and resolve the issue; this was occurred for the hardware devices. If there is anyone having similar type of issue then tries with the above mentioned tricks, any one of them will surely help you.