Thread: Computer goes to sleep after installing BIOS 1.90 in Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q875

Computer goes to sleep after installing BIOS 1.90 in Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q875

I installed the 1.9 BIOS for my Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q875 and the whole thing worked excellent for a week. The last 2 days, I observed the similar problem when the computer goes to sleep. Restarts with BIOS 1.4. Does anybody else this problem? The one modification I prepared to my system was the Office 2010 update to release candidate. This should not reason HTE problem. There were no updates from MS this week one. Anyone have any idea about this? Please if anyone here gets any information about this than please provide me.

Re: Computer goes to sleep after installing BIOS 1.90 in Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q875

Yes I have had the sleep problem with the 1.9 BIOS after I made a change in the BIOS setup via F2 configuration of a boot. I have an X505-850. You have to go into the settings twice to fix the problem. First time: Closing a normal boot. Turn, F2 for setup, F9 to set defaults, write to confirm, please go to EXIT, hit enter: "Exit Saving Changes", Enter to confirm. Let me start, and then off. Second Half: On, F2 for setup, go to the Advanced tab, as its lease for a change (i.e., the timing of the backlight), please go to EXIT; press Enter to "Exit Saving alters ", Enter to verify. Let start, Sleep now should work. I am running Office 2010 beta.

Re: Computer goes to sleep after installing BIOS 1.90 in Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q875

I had sleep troubles with 1.4, after that 1.9 setup and solved the trouble wholly, but just lasted 3 days. The trouble came back and I'm still suffering now. I resorted to the use of hibernation when compared to sleep again as I did when the problem started 1.4. I know I have not updated the drivers from update 1.9, but I distorted two settings in the BIOS - I distorted the keyboard backlight default longer and sleep and left load. I will try to restore the default values now and see if there is any difference. I will present a report with the results.

I loaded the default settings in the BIOS, restart Windows and select 'dream'. The laptop seemed fine in sleep mode, but when I push the power button to wake it immediately went into a hard reset (which shows the "Windows did not close correctly" message / options on startup). Mine is an X505-850 and I am running the Nvidia display driver edition 8.15. Very concerned to know if anybody figures out cause and / or a solution to this. I have not the first clue as to what else to try. Really frustrating to wait for 1.9 to fix the problem, only to have to come back after a couple of days.

You have to go into the settings twice to fix the problem. First time: Closing a normal boot. Turn, F2 for setup, F9 to set defaults, write to confirm, please go to EXIT, hit enter: "Exit Saving Changes", Enter to confirm. Let me start, and then off. Second Half: On, F2 for setup, depart to the advanced tab, as a minimum for vary (i.e., the timing of the backlight), please go to EXIT, and press Enter to “Exit Saving changes”, Enter to confirm. Let start, Sleep now should work. There will likely be a short cut to solve the sleep problem; if someone finds it please do so. Downgrading to 1.4 then upgrade to 1. 9 can fix it, I have not tried. When I was checking the correct steps to enter the BIOS setup (F2), my sleep mode congested functioning, and I would not alter anything. I went through the steps above and sleep mode works again. The BIOS seems to be very delicate.

I just got an answer to my question. The BIOS version shown in the BIOS after pressing F2 during boot. I followed the suggestions in this post and restored the default settings in the BIOS by pressing F9 and then restart the PC off and then and made a simple change in the bios and then restart. Now the dream is working fine. I hope it stays working. I do not understand how this is a solution. How can this be? It works, but does not make sense why it would work.