Thread: BIOS not working in Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q880

BIOS not working in Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q880

I just got my laptop 3 days ago and worked fine until I updated the BIOS, computer now does not recognize any USB or external hard drives or mouse either they just connect to it, but did not appear on the PC or the device manager. I search the solution for this on many sites but can’t get any way out solution. At last I am here and wish I get little bit information from here. Please if anyone here get any idea or any useful information than provide me.

Re: BIOS not working in Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q880

Why update the BIOS? My novel X505-Q880 previously had the BIOS update on it. Did you ensure to see what was in it earlier than you updated? Do not touch anything except I was optimistic and, if necessary. Windows updates even had a security update in a bad state last week. It may be better to call Toshiba, if you cannot "system restore" before adding the update. Always after a question earlier than doing anything. In general, it is a solution and yours may be to return it if you cannot get the problem fixed.

1. Update the BIOS on your PC merely if the novel BIOS edition particularly cracks a trouble you have. I do not suggest BIOS updates for PCs that do not. You can see all novel BIOS fixes in the release notes built-in in the BIOS download page in Download Center.
    2. Earlier than you begin updating BIOS, make certain to read and accurately pursue the upgrade instructions. You may wish to print the instructions for simple reference.
    3. If a BIOS update procedure is episodic, your PC may not work correctly. I suggest the procedure be prepared in an even power supply (preferably with UPS).

I modernized the BIOS because I establish the type sluggish computer while it boots and all computer's that I have generally update the BIOS and not anything occurs, even in 500 Qosmio laptop not anything occurs by any means. Even I also I have "flashed my BIOS" from within Windows, however, the following is the best advice and most experienced users will take this route, and that can quickly ruin a new team by flashing in Windows and I've read about something common to all the time in HP and elsewhere. Take the extra time and ensure more reliable results. Good luck fixing your machine.

I agree with above poster the safest way to update the BIOS using a bootable CD. If you want, try setting your BIOS to default values, which helped me solve a problem after a BIOS upgrade. Re-flash you’re BIOS through a bootable CD may be worth a try. What BIOS version are you running? BIOS version 1.1 is the original BIOS that came with the X505s first. BIOS version 1.9 was probably when he got the computer. The X505-Q880 was not available when version 1.1 was the latest BIOS, this is probably why you’re having problems. It is necessary to update the BIOS to as a minimum version 1.9. Toshiba's support may be able to point to the 1.9 BIOS. There must be a V1.9 BIOS update, as 1.9 has some problems, you may wish to wait for the update.

Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q870 I have acquired 4 months before. I upgraded to ACPI Flash BIOS version 3.60 today, as recommended by Toshiba installation tools. I got the update for Windows 7 (did not know that it is dangerous) and completed correctly before they stop operating normally. When you try to turn on, the LED is on, but the screen is blank. I tried to turn it off by pressing the power button for 20 seconds, but the team goes. What should I do now?