Thread: How to activate a wireless mode on Laptop using Thomson Speed Touch 516 modem

How to activate a wireless mode on Laptop using Thomson Speed Touch 516 modem

I have a speed touch 516 modem present with me , apart from this there is a ADSL router which is of a single 10/100 port of LAN present on it. Also I have an laptop present with me which I wish to make it working in a wireless mode in my home, I want to connect it to the modem that is present with me but it should be connected without the router. Can these be possible to do, also if I require any of the router with it then how I have to configure the same for the connectivity of it, I also have an computer present with me which is not the wireless version, so please help me in getting this thing done in a right way.

re: How to activate a wireless mode on Laptop using Thomson Speed Touch 516 modem

Try doing the following thing when you are connected in the wireless mode with the modem, also see to it that you make a note of the WEP and the WPA keys that are provided at the bottom, this keys has to be entered in the laptop in the later stage, now open the browser and in that type the address 192.168.1.254. There may be possibility that it may ask for the authentication from you, if it ask then enter the username as an Administrator and keep the password column blank. In the left hand side of the menu click on home network, in that under wireless click the entry that appears as WLAN:<zzzzz>, then go in the new page in that on the upper left corner click on configure, then in the security under the encryption change it into disabled mode, now after this click on apply, before you doing that see that if your device is been two or three years old then it is better that you put the WPA key or else go with the WEP keys for it.

re: How to activate a wireless mode on Laptop using Thomson Speed Touch 516 modem

Hi, I the past recent days I am facing the problem of frequent disconnection of the internet due to the presence of the modem which is of Thompson touch pad 516. I tried checking the line of the telephone but the help support people said that the line is stable and it is not having any of the problems in it. As I using many of the computer to be connected to it as this thing is making it worse, so my question is how can I come out of this problem that I am facing. Also I have seen that by connecting many of the computer the problem is there, but when I connect it to a single computer it is not showing any of the error in it.

I think the main problem that you are facing is in the switch which is connected to your LAN setting, or the network of yours, do you get the same kind of the error when you just disconnect the switch and use some of the other device in place of the switch, it may happen that it may work with the other switch as it may be faulty, also check the router and the modem that you are using in the connection, according to me the problem may be present anywhere, but the way to find it is by checking each and every device that is been present in it. So also go for checking of the router and the modem in it.

Hey I tried the things that you have told me, we had some of the small capacity switches present with us, and we connected them to the internet connection to see that if the modem is been getting reboot or not, but it was not getting, so I think almost the problem is been solved, also when I seen the speed hub that were present with me, it was covered with lots of dust, also the contacts that were provided were covered with dust, the fan was almost stopped working in the past as it is clean now, hop it should be working fine and providing the performance that it should be giving.