Thread: Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q879

Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q879

I've been looking at the X505-Q880, when I ran across this forum one site would offer an identical system for less money. Well, it's available and you just placed my order. I was told that they have in stock in California warehouse and my total with tax and express shipping is still less than what Toshiba can sell to me direct. I'm excited and looking forward to this week after receiving. Currently I have a Toshiba X205-S9359, which will now become my sister's new computer (an update of its current Acer). Anyone has any idea for this than please provide.

Re: Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q879

If the 879 GPU is configured with 310 v. 360 there are large differences in specifications. If this is indeed the case, strong players might not want the 879 on 880. That is probably why the price difference of $ 200.00. The NVIDIA GeForce GPU 310M delivers high performance and amazing multimedia capabilities, The NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M GPU brings premium power and improved performance for challenging gamers and enthusiasts mobile multimedia.

Have any others here Q879s purchased through Costco? How are your machines performing, including an update? Are you having a good game and multimedia functions without technical problems, while 'proof' of its equipment to the fullest? No more Q879s in the inventory of Costco-sold out yesterday. Originally, there were 13 when I first checked on Sunday, so it only lasted two days. Costco has a clean method to check the availability of articles called "Check Status" under the "Sort by: Item" Menu. To enter the item # and quantity, for example, 3 and the result will show the number of items remaining in inventory. If the item sells out, then "item not valid" on the screen. I have never "joined a club like Costco, but I like the detail they offer to buy their products. I previously purchased all my equipment from the manufacturer.

I have not had any problems and yet they have been playing every day as the maximum resolution. I tend to hit the media keys on the left side, which is annoying. Why not put those at the top are beyond me. Two things I remember Costco - 1) is guaranteed for two years instead of the year, Toshiba and 2) can be returned to Costco within 90 days of purchase (the store) no questions asked. So if something happens within the next 90 days, just go into Costco and get my refund.

I received my Q879 late this afternoon. UPS box crashed into a corner as the packaging on the inside filled with air deflates in that area. When I told the driver who had a computer in said "they" should have utilized superior packaging. He unlocked the box and separate box inside the Q879 does not appear to be damaged. No tags were found outside the box that says "fragile" or electronic equipment inside, etc., but should have been to alert shippers UPS / controller / driver. I will see tomorrow. I will definitely let Costco know and suggest starting using the appropriate tags for your sensitive electronic items / equipment.

My comp was not damaged, the original Toshiba box was well built, and Toshiba had great packaging for this equipment beautiful, clean. Nvidia GPU 360M was indeed the Toshiba website and the list of PDF files not the 310 to the Costco site on the list. In general, I very highly rated Costco and I have valued perfect was labeled box boots outdoor warnings sensitive electronics and fragile / or similar universal icons or marks. That little more precaution could help save the company and the potential customer problems. Today, I had some strange video artifacts and I probably post another thread on this topic, if it persists.