Thread: Unable to turn on my Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q830 After waking up from sleep mode

Unable to turn on my Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q830 After waking up from sleep mode

I bought the Qosmio X505-Q830 less than a week. I realized that the monitor does not turn when I tried to wake the system from sleep mode. I tried to push each key on the keyboard, including the FN + F5, move the mouse and the power button to no avail. I had to shut down and restart the system, forcing the system to close by pushing the power button for 4 seconds. If anyone has encountered the same problem or have any ideas please let me know.

Re: Unable to turn on my Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q830 After waking up from sleep mode

Here I also wish to add something about this. I modernized my BIOS to the new 1.40 Toshiba released and currently I am as well experiencing the similar trouble. When I close the lid to "sleep" now it comes out restarting the laptop. Maybe your laptop is previously installed this version? I turned back to the original BIOS, but the trouble persists. I even made a Windows System Restore or 4 days earlier. Still no luck with closing the lid.

Re: Unable to turn on my Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q830 After waking up from sleep mode

I as well have an X505-830 and I ran into this similar trouble last night only! Service station appeared and had 2 revises. I applied to both. One was the BIOS edition 1.40. Later than this point, while the laptop went to sleep, then wake up the screen would go black. This is a disgrace because I truly akin to this laptop and thus far this has been the merely thing which has been a dissatisfaction. Toshiba phone support told me that this problem has been known to occur from time to time in Vista, and the correction cannot wait until Service Pack 1 for Windows 7! He said, meanwhile, would have to sacrifice sleep completely and always switch the laptop. I do not want to do this and instead did the following. In the options of power that has changed, "Put the computer to sleep" than ever. Therefore, "When I press the power button" I distorted it to "hibernateā€ (Before I did this I found that out of hibernation, the screen will go.) At least not now I have to boot every time. Though, it is sluggish to get to sleep and wake up again when you use the sleep. I hope you have a solution to this time, some very soon.

I've been researching this for the last days. From what I've read the black screen can happen at any time. Then there is the road to "Black Screen of Death", this may or may not be. Is occurring in a wide variety of brands and I'm not sure a different laptop manufacturer necessarily help. It seems luck, until someone finally finds or perhaps owns the problem. I am allowing for the idea that the video driver has been spoiled in some way, but I do not know how to secure it. Toshiba sent no setup CD with this laptop. Does anyone know how I will get the correct driver? I am also curious how one could restore the original image of Windows 7 that comes with the laptop? My last two portable drives had support for this sort of thing.

I tried reinstalling the video driver but nothing changed. I am thinking of putting back the factory image and I have not installed much yet. I'm still weighing up the possibility of putting the effort only to discover that to happen again in a few weeks. And then there's the idea of having to make that job much just to switch it back so it was a little disturbed! I wish we could know what it was. I also noticed the owner's manual on disk in the menu as shown in the quick card I have ever read.

I called Toshiba and explained what was happening and what was done to address it. They agreed that I had gone via all the steps you have walked through me. Toshiba sent me a box to send the laptop for repair. Predictable delivery time is 10 working days. Not bad if it happens next time. The only real pain was that I had to reinstall the original HD Toshiba 320 and a full system recovery. I lost at least 16 hours of my time trying to solve this problem and really had. Customer service was better than the garbage that HP had before. Just for my own curiosity I started after returning to the store bought condition and let the dream itself. When I tried to wake him, the illuminated keyboard and I could hear the hard drive to arrive, but the screen was black. I investigated the problem further and found on other websites, accusing Microsoft of a security patch that did this to his team. This may be the case in these states, but do not think this is a case in my situation. I think the BIOS update did something that is permanent by normal means. I remembered the BIOS 6 times trying to get back to normal. The positions are 1.10 bios but the problem still persists. Finally remembered to 1.40 and left it there.