Thread: Qosmio x505-q880: SSD Full, need to change Windows 7 installation path and move Program Files folders from SSD to HDD

Qosmio x505-q880: SSD Full, need to change Windows 7 installation path and move Program Files folders from SSD to HDD

I'm sure I'm not the just one this issue. The Qosmio X505-q880 with a newly bought a 64GB SSD. There were approximately 46 GB of free space out of the box and they all just my installation that is installed by default, automatically there because the C drive. I mean, do not need to fill in the fast-unit. So I have two questions:
    1. I (traditional hard drive) to select the unit E How do I change the installation path for Windows 7?
    2. How do I move to keep this problem from occurring again in the future or the SSD Program Files folder on your hard drive again?

I as well want to do a clean install if necessary for this drug. Thank you for your help.

Re: Qosmio x505-q880: SSD Full, need to change Windows 7 installation path and move Program Files folders from SSD to HDD

Normally, when you install new applications verifies installer where you want the installation program at that point that should have chosen a folder on the second unit of the other applications. Uninstall some programs and reinstall it and say that to use a folder on the second drive should help. Choose custom installation when you reinstall, do not use quick installation.

Re: Qosmio x505-q880: SSD Full, need to change Windows 7 installation path and move Program Files folders from SSD to HDD

Toshiba Utility file you installed on your computer using the software on a second hard disk does not move the file. Just press a button and move. Will walk you through easily. If you decide to put some of the files returned to you, such as the SSD is easy. Do not ask me to install when you install any new software, and is full of all the SSD. It would make more sense to go to the large volume. This was not an option because the SSD and the Microsoft Office installed on the steps and I look forward to it. I've been there so I do not want to remove. When you start loading a game, etc., I would be interested in how to prevent this for the software. Documents, photos, moving around the problem, do not drive and so on. Operating system and cannot move, and placed on the SSD for faster access to your computer quiet.

I do not want to ask for a program to download and install it is extremely rare. People make blunder, not at all, "Express Install “option, click on (yet never does it say?) Make. Drive: It always produces C programs. Always select the custom installation option to install the program offers. (Now upgraded to Office Pro 2010) and the secondary hard disk drive is installed without any problems, do not select the supplied Quick Setup: D I installed Office Ultimate 2007. He and I put all the programs are still obtainable on my over 20 GB SSD. Dump bloatware recovery partition and do not want to ask you to setup and to install a program that is extremely rare, as a minimum 12 GB of free space to save SSD. People make blunder, never, never, "Express Install “option, click on (yet never does it say?) Make. Drive: It always produces C programs. Always select the custom installation option to install the program offers. (Now upgraded to Office Pro 2010) and the secondary hard disk drive is installed without any problems, do not select the supplied Quick Setup: D I installed Office Ultimate 2007. He and I put all the programs are still available on my over 20 GB SSD.

They are next to it (recommended) as I usually say, "Quick Setup" click. I can see and do a custom installation, I'm not aware of as an easy method. A little scared about the recovery part of the dump, but I did it for the recovery discs and when I got my Q-880 has made a series of rescue disk. I do not put more software on your computer. Now what I'm installing the software, I know I do not know the right way to do it. My 8-year-old XP desktop and a 500 GB hard drive, and have never had to know how to install different had only one.

If you want to reclaim the space, (Do this after you make your image or receipt of your disks). Go to Control Panel - Computer Management - Disk - delete the recovery volume - then add that space on drive C:. Make the image of the unit in case you need to push back. I did not have after deleting the partition and upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate. I rely on imaging in place of recovery partitions. Then erase all the bloatware. Beware, I establish myself re-installing lots of the Toshiba utilities that I found very useful and well written. I have yet 22GB free disk space.