Thread: Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q890 Overheating

Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q890 Overheating

Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q890 laptop is just a few months for the game (wow, SCII) and video editing recently experienced problems to the hot spot system froze or displayed BSOD (first time I've ever seen in Win7 BSOD) already It was frozen continuously, even while I'm surfing the Internet. (Lock caps lock no / not responding) took on the service instead of two fans and cooling system using the new (Probably not the first time I had), but without success of the laptop is still outstanding. They said that they had purchased the motherboard replacement and SSD HD, but they are in order again until the 20th day of next month. Wondering if anyone had this experience. Very satisfied with the quality of products and support. Nothing to shops in the area because they have no choice in order to. Anyone has any idea about this? Please if anyone has any idea than please provide me.

Re: Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q890 Overheating

Interesting. 505-880 followers had problems recently (noisy, but not overheating yet) and another member had similar problems recently fan (unfortunately went around shaking parts after repair, twice). I'm starting to wonder if there is a problem with the cooling fan reliability that leads to some of the overheating problems happening. If you are pushing your PC, you should invest in a cooling solution. Do not push me, but spent $ 1800, $ 54.99 which gives me peace of mind that I am extending the life of the heating elements.

I think it must be related. Never open the laptop, but I heard that there are only two fans so anything graphically intensive, particularly video games or transcending boost CPU. Design rather shortsighted In My Humble Opinion considering having a large video card and the Core i7. Is comparable to a desktop PC game, the cooling must being a priority for this type of system. Even though I think it’s delayed that I have to expend over a cooler, now I know the laptop is greatly vulnerable to this problem, I think I'll buy a Zalman. Fan noise can be an indicator that the ball bearing out of alignment. I do not remember hearing any sound from the fans while I started having troubles, but I was running SpeedFan at the time and it was clear that the CPU temperature was beyond I had seen when I started using the laptop. The application does not read fan RPM would have been more useful information to know if the fans were working.

As an update to the current repair, I received a call on Thursday (09/30) this week that a replacement for the M / B came that afternoon I left it to the repair, but it seems to solve the question of what is below the replacement of the SSD. Unfortunately, back in order and no date for ETA. Considering replacing the drive with a larger one to put in place quickly. The technician said I'd try a test on Monday to see if that solves the problem of freezing.

I have an update for the repair; the last test was a test technician with SSD, the system worked well so the SSD has to be replaced. I got a call today with an ETA on the replacement drive in early December. After just having the laptop for a couple of months, I cannot use the laptop until December. I want my money in this laptop if I could at this time, but it seems that I stay with a choice of an SSD or wait another couple of months.

I asked the technician at the authorized repair center for Toshiba to replace the graphics card and processor. It took a couple of weeks for the parties to reach and test. The laptop is already running and I suspect that replacing the graphics card fixed the problem. The graphics card was restored first by the fact that the processor was in order again. The technician experienced the laptop with the new graphics card when waiting for the processor to appear and the laptop looked to work well without freezing or BSOD. Now that I have a new laptop, I was able to play World of Warcraft and SCII and video editing / transcending without any problem. The laptop will run hot, but without troubles. Core temperature will run as elevated as 180 F during or else typical workload (manifold browsers, windows RDP session, instant messaging screens, and so on), the CPU cores run around 138-150F.