Thread: Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q880 Extremely Disappointed

Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q880 Extremely Disappointed

I have a new Qosmio X505 Q880 buy based primarily on published specifications and advertising hype machine games. “I looked into these forums and seen that I am not the only disappointed with what I have (or have) for my money. I've been trying to play StarCraft II and have had to lower all the settings for video games for the lowest possible settings and the system still overheats and shuts off. These strikes have caused damage to files on disk and I have to fight to keep it running. If things do not improve probably have to erase the disk and start over. Currently I have a better video quality and frame rates in my sister's HP, which cost 1 / 3 of this machine. If you are considering one of these machines that we suggestion looking for a dissimilar manufacturer or to wait for Toshiba to confess that there are (at least) the video problems and offer a proven solution.

Re: Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q880 Extremely Disappointed

I have the Q890 and plays star craft II for hours without overheating, all the uppermost settings. No approval of both the fan intake on the bottom of the laptop, make sure you do not have to close. If flows are not closed and you still have problems, then I would consider that his defective because I have zero problems with mine. I found the Dolby Control Center in conflict with a couple of games and have all settings turned off. So I am on the contrary, I am very happy with the laptop.

Since taking note of what appeared to high temperatures of this right out of the box, I've only been using at the same time you feel high about 1 inch above any surface and has a fan that blows air directly beneath it. I read the journal that published and noted the following: "Unfortunately, the X505-Q890 gets a good bit hotter in more vigorous conditions. After playing City of Heroes for 45 minutes, the touch screen that measures 95 degree and space between the G and H keys on the keyboard reached a whopping 104 degrees. On the other hand, the keys themselves do not really feel too hot to touch. But not the overall rate for this system. These temperatures likely to damage anything if allowed to run for any period of time. However, the system is designed to shut down when certain temperatures are reached. That has caused problems of corruption in my file system.

If you want I can play SCII for a time and record temperatures in HWmonitor and if no major differences in the values that will help build their case that something is wrong with your laptop. There is a message here that should have the laptop CPU cooler improperly. It may be useful as well. You want the temporary measures for the CPU and GPU is not just the GPU. That was the main reason for the earlier post was that if everything is OK not to have the problems you are experiencing and Toshiba will establish and most have the best that can pin point the issue.

My idle is the temperature of my column, I started from idling for 30 minutes then started HWmonitor and maximum after 1 hour SCII maxed resolution LCD screen. Driver version 8.16.11.8875 (by Toshiba). I will do it again with an external monitor, I have two monitors in position, so I use when working. The cooling pad, I have discussed often on anything. For example, portable fans to draw air from the bottom of the back and most of the Heat I've seen pull air from the top of the pad, the bottom of the laptop, my back, I think the net flow of air past the GPU and CPU would be smaller than if you had a cooling pad at all. Fans stop end together. In the bottom of the laptop could be colder, but the inside cooking. Let me know if I'm wrong about it, often wonders.

I play Age of Empires III dynasty in Asia, and HW was open. 109 ° C max. Something is wrong, I contacted two stores under warranty, but I'll call tomorrow. I just wish that no one will make the crisis last laptop was stolen from me, so I put this paper in a place where a robber cannot uncover, so I'm not a thief, but I cannot find either. I have the original work, customs, + with my name on it, but I hope it is enough to Toshiba.