Thread: Games freezes on Toshiba Qosmio x505 q880

Games freezes on Toshiba Qosmio x505 q880

Does anyone have troubles through the “Nvidia driver" kernel? I have a GTS 360m and I cannot get games to run smoothly. Whenever I am playing it freezes and something appears on the bottom right corner of the screen, somewhat in the company of the kernel of NVIDIA drivers, which also says the driver version I am running. I tried the Toshiba drivers and NVIDIA drivers, beta drivers that cannot get this machine to work properly. I must say that this only happened during the game. Any idea what could be causing this? Thank you.

Re: Games freezes on Toshiba Qosmio x505 q880

Could possibly have happened to install the drivers for Nvidia, Qosmio can simply use the Toshiba drivers; do not make use of the driver’s nvidia, Qosmio drivers are customized specifically for Toshiba laptops. Anyway, try uninstalling the graphics drivers, and then run a clean driver as Driver Sweeper. This cleaner be supposed to remove any hidden nvidia based drivers / files that were left behind after uninstalling. Reboot, and install the most modern graphics drivers used for Toshiba Qosmio. I hope this will work.

I did a clean install and still the problem occurs. I am not a huge PC gamer, but I be able to play some games from for a moment. This trouble has always happened with the call of duty world at war, for example. I tried everything. I can receive this message from something with the kernel video drivers. I wonder what "Kernel" means. I tried all kinds of drivers, but nothing seems to fix the problem. The last thing that came to mind was to install Windows XP on my laptop. But I do not know. Please help.

That kind of clears things. This error message only occurs when playing COD World at War? Is this error happens when you play other games? If only happens when the game then COD WAW then it is a driver issue. When games start lagging then it may be happen because your drivers get corrupted. I think the simply approach is that we have to complain to the CS and I expect that Toshiba will release a new graphics driver almost immediately.

The problem is not an issue of Toshiba; Nvidia is a problem that has existed for several years. The problem seems to have multiple causes, and appear randomly, so it was very difficult for them to drive and find a solution. If you have 100 one and the same laptops, some may have trouble for a reason, while others have a different reason, and most did not suffer at all. So according to me it’s not an issue of Toshiba or nvidia drivers.

Hello thank you for your replies it’s not happen with call of duty world at war but it’s happen with all kind of games. Some games works properly but some games are not working. The exact error I am getting is
    Display driver stopped responding and has recovered
    Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version XXX.XX stopped responding.
    This message is appearing at the lower right corner. It is look like a window error or similar like that.