Thread: Anyone thinking about a new Qosmio and old Qosmio

Anyone thinking about a new Qosmio and old Qosmio

I've been a Toshiba laptop client 11, and during that period of time that has been owned four laptops, three of them are considered high-end models. Had practiced a few troubles in the past with a few of the machines, but credit to Toshiba to be solved my approval, even after having to send one of their models for repair. I ordered the Qosmio X505-880 of 09.12.1909. I received my laptop on Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 13:58 (2 months later). After opening and setting up the laptop, I realize that it shut down and restart intermittently. I directly contacted customer service who struggled to fix soon. He rapidly understands it was a hardware problem, and caused a return procedure and sent back to my new laptop $ 2,300.00. The trouble began four months ago when I realized I started turning off sporadically as the first Qosmio X505-880 I received. I determined to check and see if there was any step up after I upgraded the bios and Windows 7 operating system updates. Provide your views about this.

Re: Anyone thinking about a new Qosmio and old Qosmio

You are really putting a drop in my anticipation of owning a Qosmio! I was all set to get one and through sheer luck the transaction was not conducted. The next day I learned of the problems with the new chipsets. Now that I've been waiting uncomplainingly for it to reappear so you can get one. But now after reading your post I'm back to hesitation my choice. I guess you cannot please everybody all the time and there will be between lemons, even the best products on the market, but still. I just became a little more doubts about my choice.

Somehow I the same way as everyone else. I've heard these horror stories and thought, "I'm returning my Qosmio and the purchase of the brand." However, once I began to seek opinions CS brand I establish the same troubles that Toshiba has. I know that no repairs UPS Toshiba and told someone in another site that UPS as well performs repairs on other brands (Dell, HP, etc.). So I think that is the repair people are angry, not Toshiba. In addition, most complaints are related to a repair process long. The fact is that this is how it works! While you send your laptop in, I anticipate back in return no less than a month (I know it sucks!). But remember, which is the minimum, standard warranty, FREE! You can buy the updated, expeditious option, repair of premises, but nobody ever does. I have not read a complaint from someone who has purchased one of these upgrades.

Oh, you're absolutely right! He was talking a little about my self-doubt every time I read one of these complaints. Regardless of the question, always go with my choice of a Qosmio too. Since this is my first foray into the field of portable I think I will be very worried about all the "hiccups" does. I guess I'm going to fall into one of three categories.
    1. I will love and be telling prospective buyers, like me, to be less skeptical.
    2. Get a whole lemon and Toshiba dam it, botching and complaining as I see on other boards and forums.
    3. They do not like to have a laptop, sell, and return to a desktop. Yet people know that the laptop has worked fine and it was only my own taste in the PC that was the problem.

Just amplification to this post was to tell others to my know-how with the Qosmio X505-880 not to make a conclusion for anybody. I attempted to be balanced even though there were some concerns about some of the flaws of this particular model, and most importantly, the response from senior manager of customer service. As for the comments on the acquirer of the extended warranty, I all the time do. A desk that can troubleshoot and mend and rebuild myself. Laptops generally exceed my experience and resources.

Well first of all, my X505-Q850 is my first Toshiba product and I can say I've had (very minor issues were quickly resolved or resolved) problems with it. In my experience with the Toshiba brand teams gets a 9 out of a maximum of 10 stars (there's always room for improvement). Now, to meet their waiting time to get your notebook, laptop and bring it back, I think mine to shop online and arrived three months later. He was very anxious throughout the roll, but the time came, and boy was I excited. I did a little research (its place in the Toshiba website) and these seem to have an X505 2.3 months to build / waiting period after the order. Thus that time can be predictable, which are high-end machines, audacity high-end parts high-powered, small boxes, not people that anyone can find that attractive (I am assuming that the order despite being pre construction machinery -set).