Thread: Black Screen Crash of Toshiba Qosmio X305-Q701

Black Screen Crash of Toshiba Qosmio X305-Q701

I know many people with the X305 model is experiencing similar declines, with the black screen and sound loop, but I have a lot of information I have amassed in recent months. Do not think this problem is related to software, as I formatted my computer several times to install a variety of 32 and 64 bit operating systems from Windows XP to Windows 7 (which currently has 32-bit Windows 7). I made certain I formatted the entire disk each time too. As drivers go, I have attempted almost all drivers for the 9700M is from the newest beta Nvidia drivers, Toshiba drivers accepted, Dox edition driver of (someone recommended using these), and all the way to Omega drivers and the accident still occurs. So what are your thoughts on this?

Post Re: Black Screen Crash of Toshiba Qosmio X305-Q701

I think I just found a solution to this error (after staying overnight). You have to be running a 64 bit operating system to do this. First, download the latest BIOS update available. Do not install the windows (if you have upgraded the bios not even be allowed to do it from within windows). Burn it to cd and reinstall the BIOS (make sure to follow the instructions exactly). Later than the BIOS have been re-setup, install a program called NVIDIA nTune. Depart to your graphics settings as you generally would and you should have additional alternatives. Memory clock over 100MHz and you should be fine to go.

Re: Black Screen Crash of Toshiba Qosmio X305-Q701

My brother has an X305-Q701, with the same problem. Black screen and sound loop. Many emails and phone calls to Toshiba and deny any problem. I took the PC to an official repair center for Toshiba. After a week of tests have gritty that without the power connected, no problem. With the power connected almost instant issue. They tried a series of blocks of energy and different power cables, the same result. Lastly, they gritty that the power controller, which allows power rush to the video card, resulting in a crash of the video card. Solution is to replace the motherboard. This is 2 months warranty. Not at all buy one more Toshiba. Good luck with your laptop.

I've been looking all over the web, because I had this trouble with my X305 q701. He began to black screen on me again in 2009 and lastly I determined to utilize the warranty of 1 year previous to it expired in December 2009. Everything before sending it to reformat the factory settings does not help. I thought it might be a virus and so I called Toshiba technical support and referred me to a repair shop here in Hawaii, where I live. I explained to the shop to fix the problem and after a month of diagnosis did not seem to replicate the "black screen" (only if I knew a video was posted problems on YouTube had guided me to a link.)Anyway, just did not want me back the notebook without doing anything so they changed the motherboard and video. So I obtained the notebook back on the Christmas season and I thought I solved the trouble and was not doing any "black screen", when playing games or videos, but now two months into the new year, making the laptop is the same "black screen" and is becoming more frequent now. This is a big disappointment since my warranty expired earlier this year.

Maintaining perfect. I do not accept it as a solution either but if I'm out of warranty, it's a good free solution. I have tried other Downclocking programs, but the only thing that works well is to tune (remember you need 32-bit OS). When the computer goes wrong I put the clock and go back to core values or groups. My environment is important in tune to 469 MHz and 576MHz memory. Do not hit them with this configuration. GIMP is not only my letter can still run the games more about the conditions on (although I think the company bad 2 may have crashed on me when I was on the team, because when I was just a black screen and unresponsive had left the game pause when I left differences in plant firm values are higher than recorded at 200 MHz, and different at the base only 60Hz, but the system is quite stable .. I take this time instead of crashing every 20-20 minutes, I think. Root of the problem is the card video.

Things have gone from bad to worse. I do see some strong games at the card I need to lower even more. I've been playing half life 2 memory stable at 396 MHz core and 373 MHz (any faster and crashes). This is totally unacceptable. If I want a video card with power (original liver was at 799 MHz) half of me I have saved myself about $ 1000. I was in view of trade myself and x500, but if Toshiba persists to ignore the cries of consumers is I go to various products, such as the ASUS (I deduce I should have complete that in the initial place).