Thread: Toshiba Satellite C650 battery gets down to 41% and shuts down

Toshiba Satellite C650 battery gets down to 41% and shuts down

I have bought my Toshiba Satellite C650 two months back and there is something wrong with its battery or may be something else. Actually when I charge this laptop then it reaches up to the 99% but as soon as I disconnect the charger then the battery power of this laptop directly comes down to the 41% which is one big reason to worry. Moreover it just shuts down after getting to 41% that freaks me out. But it is not yet over as when I reboot the machine then it does not start saying that battery was at a critical level and there is only 2% battery power. I am running Windows 7.

Re: Toshiba Satellite C650 battery gets down to 41% and shuts down

We recommend if you just bought, invoke the guarantee and get a change of the unit (and want your customer satisfaction). New battery to do so is often a sign made up from its power source, expect a surge protector is in place, or board connector or adapter power concern. The retail service check out and check your power management settings. Now, having said that, I have observed the battery level and the set of balanced power management. Also, is there a USB device in use - especially with sleep / capacity? This drains the battery unit if left alone.

It seems like that the your laptop's battery has a problem which is not capable of holding the power that has been charged in it. Due to this problem, Whenever you disconnect an adapter from your laptop, Your laptop runs for few minutes because of the battery power it has but as it drains so quickly that it it shows directly 41% and then gets to extremely low which shuts it off. I suggest you to start the laptop after connecting the power adapter and then it must get started which shows that the battery is only the cause of this issue.

You check about the battery problem by one more way, you just need to try using some other battery on your machine and then check that it get booted up or not. Mostly your machine should start normally. I guess you nee to get the new battery for your laptop which is the only way to get rid of this issue. There is no way to repair the batteries or make them powerful again. So you can just throw you current battery in the dustbin.

As you have bought this laptop just before few months, I would like to recommend you to utilize the warranty of your laptop which must be including the battery of your laptop. You can get the new battery free of cost by claiming the warranty of your laptop. But make sure an issue is regarding the battery itself. And please keep in mind that you do not open your laptop on yourself or at any ordinary computer shop as it will void your laptop's warranty.