Thread: Is Linux incompatible on Toshiba Satellite C650-15M

Is Linux incompatible on Toshiba Satellite C650-15M

Its been many months that I was using the Windows Vista on my Toshiba Satellite C650-15M laptop but as I am much used to with the Linux operating system, I tried to install the same on this laptop. But I guess this laptop seems to be incompatible with the Linux OS as it throws a power manager problem error and then it takes much long to close as well. Is there anybody running linux on the same laptop?

Re: Is Linux incompatible on Toshiba Satellite C650-15M

When I want to log right after the boot I have a window that opens and shows me the same problem. I said it happens after startup. If I disconnect and reconnect me, then no worries. If I wait 2 minutes no problem either. By cons, if I try to connect right there it gets stuck! This is especially odd that the problem occurred there within a week when I run under Lucid since late April. Could you tell me ways to solve problem?

I had exactly the same error. I did some research and apparently the bug is already reported on an official website. If I understand correctly, the error occurs because of problems with some USB devices. (Webcam, external DVD player, printer ...). Short! I unplugged all my USB, I started without problem. Then I reconnected everything, I rebooted and no problems ...

Even though I have never got any such error on my linux machine I have tried to search about it but I am sorry, I do not know accurately what could be the reason for this problem, but I'm am sure that it won't be regarding the gnome-power-manager of repository. The only difference in my package gpm is the elimination of two patches that changed the way measurements are calculated to increase / decrease brightness level.