Thread: Toshiba Satellite Pro C650 some keys not working

Toshiba Satellite Pro C650 some keys not working

Hello friend I have serious problem regarding my keyboard button on my laptop. I have Toshiba pro c650 laptop. I bought this laptop 11 month ago. Everything was working perfectly since my last upgrade. Previously I have windows XP operating system that came while purchasing laptop. Now I installed the window 7 operating system it worked for a day now suddenly my some of the buttons line function keys are not working. I also want to disable my touchpad. If ant have solution to the problem please let me know.

Re: Toshiba Satellite Pro C650 some keys not working

Hello friend I have also similar kind of problem. I have presently moved from Vista to Windows 7 64 bit operating system and I was successfully able to do the upgrade wizard and I followed all the instruction before doing the fresh install. though, the whole thing is functioning I come to know that no function keys and illuminated function keys. I have also tried to install separate packages worked as PA TV waiting they are all dissimilar, in fact. Likelihood I tried the Fn + F5 key for switching the display and the fn + keys were working now, but unfortunately the ignition key is not now. I repeated the same steps and the same thing much more, no Fn +, but there were illuminated keys working again.

Hello friend from my point of view this could be because of the keyboard not any software or operating system problem. Your keyboard may have been damaged by any reason. So I will suggest you to go for repairing. The best place to get your laptop repaired would be the Toshiba service center. So carry your laptop to Toshiba service center has already mentioned that you purchased the laptop a few days ago. You get the laptop repaired for free because it is still in the warranty period.

Hello friend I would like to inform you something important. Many laptop manufacturers provide software or firmware driver for the keyboard of the laptop. Therefore, it may be probable that Toshiba Satellite Pro C650 also need the keyboard driver or firmware operating system Windows XP. So installing this in Windows XP and then this problem will be solved FN key on your laptop in the Windows XP operating system. You can download from the official Web site of Toshiba.

As you mentioned in your question that have changed the operating system of your Toshiba Satellite proC650 Windows XP to Windows 7. So I think you would not install the Toshiba common module for the Windows 7 operating system in your laptop. This module is an necessary element of Windows systems. It is needed to make other TOSHIBA unique programs work appropriately. Therefore, download and install properly.