Thread: Toshiba Satellite C650 speaker not working

Toshiba Satellite C650 speaker not working

I have recently bought a new Toshiba Satellite C650 laptop and it was working great until last day. Suddenly something has happened to the speakers of this laptop and they are not sounding at all. I have checked playing the different kind of media and media players as well. But nothing works to make my laptop speaker sound. Please guys help me, I am big music freak! This laptop runs windows 7 ultimate.

Re: Toshiba Satellite C650 speaker not working

Still some things to check before declaring the speaker is in volume control and ensures you that all the balance adjustment bars (top) are in the right middle and must do the same with all audio software on the PC.

attention
    You must also go to the Control Panel, Sounds and Audio on currencies (Sounds and Audio Devices) and speakers at the bottom in property (configuration of loudspeakers) and then advanced properties in the drop-down list select laptop stereo speakers (speaker stereo Laptop).

There is another factor which could also affect the sound on your laptop Toshiba named "Conexant HD Audio Driver". Reinstall the driver, then the sound of your laptop will become normal, but it is still very small. Go to Control Panel and open Programs and Features and uninstalling the program Conexant HD Audio Driver then restart your computer and let Windows install its own. let me know if it works for you.

Most of the time whenever your laptop speakers does not works then it could be the sound drivers installed on your windows machine due to which your laptop is not able to generate the sound from its in built speaker. If you have any portable speakers or headphones then you must check connecting them for confirming about this issue. If they works then it could happen that your laptop's speaker has something wrong with the connections. You should claim the warranty of your laptop if it is still under warranty.