Thread: Toshiba Satellite L505-S6955 not booting up

Toshiba Satellite L505-S6955 not booting up

I have bought this Toshiba L505-S6955 last month and I am using the wireless internet connection on this machine. I have installed the YouSendIt client and net connection was bit slow due to which I thought to reboot the machine. But when I tried to boot up my machine then it was not getting started at all. Actually I am getting the Toshiba splash screen and then nothing goes further then that. Does anybody know what has happened to my laptop? I am running a Windows 7 on this laptop.

Re: Toshiba Satellite L505-S6955 not booting up

There is a solution, and I have no idea why the CD Recovery not start, but the cursor blinking in the upper left corner sounds like a problem with the HD. I have observed that whenever your boot files have got corrupted, and perhaps when there was a problem with a cable. How quickly to try would be to put the hard drive and back in a couple of times, sometimes just a simple question of the connection between the HD and the computer. If this fails, then it is likely that the disk is dead.

I came across this discussion while searching google to solve my problem with my Toshiba Satellite unbootable. Only the blue light input adapter goes. As a current solution to the solution I tried another way although I was pretty tank. So I removed the battery, unplugged the cable, after reconnecting the cable, pressing the SPACE BASCKS for 5 minutes then started. And the computer worked again! So if someone falls by chance on this discussion and know the origin of this problem, and although the post here.

My bp black screen on Toshiba Satellite P200-12V is resolved; Here is my solution, I tried the solution Bascks spaces, but nay ... So after a pain to disassemble my computer, the solution is:
    1. Remove the keyboard without unplugging
    2. Cell battery maintenance is apparent in a semi protective plastic
    3. Take a stack of 1.5 v is connected in parallel on said cell battery
    4. WARNING - on - and + on +
    5. Launch the first computer connected to the mains and battery in place
    6. After starting the computer, disconnect the battery and replace the keyboard.
    7. Allow the battery to recharge battery for two hours before attempting a restart.

So I had the same problem as you last night with my PC Toshiba Satellite P200. Except that just before he goes out, I had a blue screen with an error message writing (I have not had time to read as it obviously stayed only 2 seconds --'), and very often I had problems with display drivers. I went on another computer to find solutions and I stumbled upon this topic. I followed the advice of forum guy (I had rigged a rubber of good size on the Back button Space), but at the time it did not work. For cons, I left it overnight without charge (or so cord or battery). The next day it came on again, the problem was Kaspersky antivirus (apparently I have it on the PC, but where? Is the great question! Also, I was offered this PC with antivirus software In addition, McAfee, and sellers have not disclosed whether there was already a pre-installed antivirus (or not), not liking too McAfee, I uninstalled and installed Avast antivirus. And everyone knows that two antivirus for a PC is not even the joy!) I hope to have some reassurance about the problem (last night, I saw myself walking to the warranty!), And especially that it can help.

I repaired a PC Toshiba A100 which had a similar problem, using a logic analyzer I found the chip that manages the battery power and did not send signals to one that manages the startup. The motherboard has only a 5V power supply which serves just to start. The controller chip internal power (Texas Instruments BQ24721) was burnt (0v). Well from there it's hot. You must use a hot air pencil to capture the IC out this chip. Then order one from Farnell or a sample from Texas Instruments and then soldering iron or hot air or both (that's what I did, 5x5 mm not obvious). I explain this because we never know, maybe someone will get tired of changing motherboards that operate differently. It was four days of work to find this failure, there was another on the transformer. What had bungled the chip control was a bad contact in the upstream transformer. The laptop repaired for nearly a year, it is still good

It is true that this type of behavior can have various origins. Have you tried to boot from the battery to be sure he is not a problem with the PSU a little tired. You could also try to boot from a bootable cd like linux distribution live cd to dispel doubts about the health of hard disk. In case of failure as mentioned above see the status of strips of ram in trying to remove one (if indeed there are 2 on your machine) and run on the second, then the same with the other barrette . You can also check your ram.