Thread: Toshiba qosmio g15R no audio device in Windows XP

Toshiba qosmio g15R no audio device in Windows XP

I bought a Toshiba Qosmio g15R laptop a year ago. After six months I had a bad fan. I took it apart and change the fan. Fan works great. When I reassembled the unit it had no sound. Opened again to check for any missed connections, but found none. In the device manager It is shown that Toshiba card works fine but no audio device when I look in the sound control panel. What have I done? If any solution please let me know.

Re: Toshiba qosmio g15R no audio device in Windows XP

The following is a temporary response that I was able to get in my case. I have a Toshiba Satellite A75 XP that had the same exact symptoms. The volume control was old, but the operating system consideration the audio device functioning correctly. This happened after I did a virus scan and cleaned up some malware. It seems that the Realtek installer program was alcupd.exe impure and not taking to work acceptably or be overwritten by reinstalling device drivers. The installation program provided 80% refuse accelerated from side to side. My answer is to remove alcupd.exe file (or rename) and then reinstall the drivers for that. The sound workings fine now. I hope this saves someone sorrow. Good luck.

Sorry to perceive sound you are having problem in receiving sound to work both on his Toshiba laptop. unhappily, I would not help a lot. You actually require drivers for your hardware manufacturers. I am having alike troubles with some of my equipment. Just have to keep asking the hardware manufacturers to provide adequate support for Windows Vista. But for you I can say to update the drive it is available on the internet for window XP

I would recommend you update sound driver chip, which could be causing the problem. So for an update that arrived in the properties window of the operating system you are using. Firstly right click on the My Computer then click on the hardware then click on the device manager. expand the list of driver that contains the information the driver installed on your machine to get a sound like hardware, graphics, radio , etc. Chip locate the sound driver and right click on it, the list will get the option to upgrade or update, select that option and updated the driver, they will ask for permission to update the driver. Hope this will certainly help.