Thread: Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q875 overheating

Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q875 overheating

I am using Windows 7 64 bit, but works in Classic mode. I can almost guarantee that the overheating that causes the shutdown, so I ran some tests with ITunes to play a song and with the active display. Just in windowed mode because of the truth that the PC overheats and shuts down when using full screen form. I have a laptop cooler with 2 fans 450CFM personalized performance outlet. I as well newly cleared the accumulated dust and deposits of all the fan openings. I bought this team in May and June this year and seem to be a problem until recently. When you run graphically intensive programs (browsers, 3D-games, etc.) the equipment is heated to the point where a black screen and off. Just do it for graphics operations like everything else runs smoothly at all. I met a lot of diagnostic tests at the temperatures and do not use GPU-Z and SpeedFan. Please if anyone has any idea or any solution for me than please provide me.

Re: Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q875 overheating

Have you attempted to blow the dust off the heatsink with dense air? This is the first thing to try. Fine cooling pad could help solve the trouble still you return to the States, but remember that some others who have faced same troubles and sent their systems for repair, had its GPU and motherboard replaced to solve the problem, so make sure you look before warranty expires. Maybe you can send it back to a family member, and it seeks to repair Toshiba, before returning home on leave, and after that you can take with you when you return. Make sure you get at least a month earlier than you leave in case of delays in repairs.

This is not a dust problem is not a "need for cooling pad" problem. I came up with the same conclusions as you have and have concluded that the most likely failure of the power converter. To my knowledge I have these laptops have built-in surge protection so that when we come to big draw, due to the heavy load off. For the fans. The right fan is set to put into overdrive when cooling is wanted most because of the load. Although I think the left is not. There are two drain ports when the share of the GPU and CPU on the right and left only uses the GPU. Currently I have a new power converter in order, so here is hope. Any hope this helps and I'll post an update when the power converter is about Weather it fixed the problem or not.

Usually starts overheating as a result of the limited air flow, often due to dust on the heat exchanger fans blow air. Unfortunately, the overhead cooling capacity in these systems is not very high, and the radiator fins are set close together to obtain the necessary surface radiators clog easily and quickly. Small volume, the additional hot air out of the car reflects my experience in the accumulated dust and reduces the system's ability to cool itself. Repeated eventually led to overheating of the kitchen away from heat conductive material between the GPU and heatsink, which leads to more cycles of overheating GPU, which leads to failure. GPU appears to be more responsive to heat than it used to be, just does not seem to survive repeated overheating situations very well. If you are looking for "Nvidia remember welding" you will find interesting reading. In my case the machine was damaged by video, black screen, random crashes, sound loops. I do not think that replacing the power supplies will help, but it is a relatively inexpensive thing to try. I think you can take a unit of Japan-based Toshiba for a replacement and cleaning of GPU, although the idea of going to probably unknown to them.

I appreciate the point of manufacture and am right. The heat sink fins smaller with sitting continuous set can and does cause troubles repeated heating. I do often check and clean the dirt from the laptop, and using a good quality cooler. But I'll take the fact that the problem is not heat but thermal problems you see are a byproduct of a power issue. Now Weather or not the energy problem is being caused by a bad power converter or an internal component (i.e. GPU) is to be seen, but as you said relatively cheap fix at this time. I have not had the typical troubles normally attributed to the lack of GPU, damaged video, black screens, random crashes, sound loops, etc. For me, the laptop is on, is under load temperature rises quickly, and then power cuts out. When temperature rises swiftly say I mean my GPU temperature bound from 40 degrees in below 5 seconds and the just dissimilarity is that I am no extensive on battery power, but plugged in. If the power converter does not solve the problem, then I'll be sending back to Toshiba laptop, as is still under warranty and you can imagine.

Well after much gnashing of teeth, barely was able to create a warranty claim for this as my warranty is ending this month. Now I have to wait to see if Toshiba just replace the GPU as I know it's more than likely the problem. And any news about your laptop problems? A tip to all those who have a Toshiba abroad, plan ahead when making claims for compensation. It's a bit of a hassle to send the U.S. team after Toshiba and the picture you sent is valid for only 10 days to repair the ticket is valid.