Thread: Overheating of Toshiba Qosmio F55-Q502 laptop

Overheating of Toshiba Qosmio F55-Q502 laptop

I have Qosmio F55-Q502 laptop. I am using this laptop for about a year. Recently I update BIOS of Laptop to latest version to fix any kind compatibility issue. At the present, while I attempt to play any type of game, I cannot play more than four or five minutes and the machine gets shuts down instantaneously. What would be the problem? All the fans in the machine are running perfectly but the laptop becomes extremely hot particularly in the region where the arrow keys are placed. I consider there might be a difficulty with the graphics. I have not skilled such troubles before the BIOS upgrade. Any type of assist would be valued!

Re: Overheating of Toshiba Qosmio F55-Q502 laptop

I have the same opinion with individual’s difficulty regarding overheating. My Qosmio F55-Q502 Laptop running well for a hardly any months and played games fine although after that it happening overheating and not presently deafening to the desktop however the computer my Laptop just goes down or shuts down. A cold boot be necessary and I altered all my display settings, etc. It was not the bios nor a Vista Operating system difficulty, it is just overheating. Using Speed fan 4.5. The cpu and core run in the fiftys and sixtys with the laptop just inactive and gets burning hot in a game. The GPU fan is whirr like wild. It now gets power off in fifteen minutes in the simple game I believe the fan is not running healthy, has accumulate dirt or it's a thermal hitch. I have to send it in for servicing center. Hope this is not going away to be a frequent trouble because I Toshiba is discontinuing this model.

Hi, being so fresh a unit, feasible an overheating issue -have you make sure power is being supplied at an even rate. If you have a quality flow defender there would be a sign illumination and if not blinking house circuitry is fine. Sparkling light indicates power fluctuate, not high-quality. You confirmed very hot while early purchase, not too unusual after screening specification, however odd you declaration regarding melt. Why have not you taken for repair or replacement? Have an authorized service supplier look at Toshiba official website. Go to customer repair and put your area code in for local provider. Check is it in guarantee!

Games need to processors in the function component several times without any break. I would recommend checking the system requirements for the game and software to make sure minimum necessities are also available inside your unit. Somewhat else is experience and would need a service provider official to build a diagnosis. Warranty no charge consequence why not get the check? The statement of non-stop this unusual model for a newer configuration of components within a series that is produced. It has not anything to do with the current drive. New plan of the motherboard, improving the CPU device, component arrangement, just to name a few. Try cleaning suggests that you offer, remove the battery to cool down the cell cycle. Check the drive voltage.

In the grooves and holes in the base of the machine is a fan (which should be able to see the light with something), after the cleaner to pick what makes the tool, you will see this as a huge amount of dust out tip is on the edge, he does it with all cracks and holes, even where there is a fan. as the hot air should actually somewhere new. It is sometimes the case, then the heat from behind or from the side off, turn on the laptop to write. If you removed all that long ago first time at least two months: quiet and friendly laptop. a lot of fun and success

Thanks for reply friend. I know it's not a trouble with the current or UPS device. I've used this in all types of outlets in many places. In addition, all games fit the specifications. This device can play some of the latest games out. It ran great with no problems the first couple of months. was amazing for a laptop. But is deteriorating and can barely play a game. So I will give for the service. I will discuss the resumption of disabling system restore, etc. so you get an error message, etc. Thanks!

I had this problem about one year after getting my laptop. Out of frustration, I decided to crack it open and take a look, the heat pipe is shared for both CPU & GPU. The heat sink grill between the fan and the back of the computer had a carpet of fuzz/dust. I removed this and while I had it open re-applied some thermal grease. Idle Temp dropped 10-15 degrees Celsius. In games it rarely goes over 80 now, it would previously get right to 110 before shutting down.

I've had to to do this twice now, about one year from the first time. It seems this computer cooks that thermal grease. Its not to hard to do, but do at your own risk.

Good luck and happy computing.