Thread: Reduced brightness on Dell Inspiron n5010

Reduced brightness on Dell Inspiron n5010

I am not able to get the cause for this but the brightness of the screen of my Dell Inspiron n5010 is not as intense as it was when I purchased it new. I have not modified any of the settings meant for brightness of the screen. It occurred involuntarily. I have put the brightness at 100 percent but after this also it look dull. I typically make use of the computer to see the movies and this squat brightness decreases the pleasure for movie. Please assist me to enhance the brightness for the laptop. I will appreciate each and every reply on this.

Re: Reduced brightness on Dell Inspiron n5010

I was as well having the related difficulty earlier. I did a lot of things to solve that but they all are not cooperative for me. Lastly the difficulty came out within the settings intended for BIOS. To solve this difficulty, you have to go to the BIOS settings. Though booting the laptop when you perceive Dell splash screen then hit the F2 button and this will show you the BIOS settings. See for video setting and there you ought to place the brightness in accordance with your requirement in favor of AC power as well as battery power. This assists me to resolve the subject. I expect similar for you.

Have you updated the display driver? I ask this because it may be the problem with the display driver is installed on your computer. If that does not work properly then you can display the topic like this? To fix this, just go to the manufacturer's website and look for the latest display driver available. Download and install than his team. This may solve the problem for you.

This seems to be the trouble with the power supplier. Sometimes, if your provider of energy supplies less energy because the screen is expected then you can also get screen brightness. To check if the same problem with you or not, then you can try to connect any external monitor to your laptop and check if the same problem too. If it shows then it cannot change the power supply for a new one and your problem will be solved.

There is one more possibility that the power supply may be the reason for this. It may be providing less power as it is expected for the display and so you are getting the reduced power supply. This is one of the possible reasons for the issues like this. If that is under warranty then don’t do anything by yourself. Just take that matter to Dell and they will fix that for free. But if that is out of warranty then you will have to change the power supplier by any computer repairing shop and that will solve the problem for you.

idea Re: Reduced brightness on Dell Inspiron n5010

Hi you can go to desktop--->right click there---->personalize---->go to display in the left pane thae comes---->go to adjust brigntness in the left pane--->go to change plan settings in the right pane where the dell radio button has been selected ----->near to adjust plan brightness, change the brightness level on battery or when the computer has been plugged in.

Hope this helps