Thread: Dell Inspiro 1150 cannot detect hard disk

Dell Inspiro 1150 cannot detect hard disk

I have two laptops and out of which one is Dell Inspiro 1150. I am using this from previous 3 months and was working very well until last night. Last night when I gone to turn on my laptop then, it was not able to identify the hard disk. I tried to boot many times and then finally it detected the hard drive. But the problem is that I have to do it all the time whenever I have to use the computer. Please tell me what to do to solve this problem. Thanks!

Re: Dell Inspiro 1150 cannot detect hard disk

According to me your computer is having the hard disk drive controller and for that there is no proper driver installed. This can be the reason that you are getting the issue like this. Now days, it is normally a SATA controller except it can as well be the RAID setup otherwise an incomprehensible product. I believe that you require a driver intended for this. Search for the newest driver accessible on internet and download that in your computer. After that you will have to install it and see if that can let your computer out of the problems.

As you have written that your computer was functioning very well earlier and it started giving you error on or after previous night. So you can attempt to restore the computer. Login in the computer within safe mode and after that restore the computer to any other date. Go to the restore utility and choose the date one week late and restore your computer at that point. This will restore the computer to the settings as the same as it was on that selected date. This will be the most excellent method to resolve the matter for you.

Before you decide to go to any of the other solution to solve this problem you must verify for the connection of hard drive toward the motherboard. Like you have given that after few attempts it gets started over again. So there is additional likelihood for wobbly connection. Take out the cable and attach that another time correctly. You can also attempt to modify the cable intended for connection for the reason that there might be difficulty through the cable itself.

You can try all the things you know and also suggestions posted above. If that is not able to solve the problem for you then you can go through the reinstallation of the operating system. Do a clean install your system and see if that helps resolve the problem or not. There is more chance that it will solve the problem for you and if you are unable to resolve this then there must be some problem with the hard disk. May be overwhelmed and that s the reason that it is not getting detected.