Thread: Dell AIO 948 Printer unable to retrieve application list

Dell AIO 948 Printer unable to retrieve application list

I have an Dell AIO 948 Printer with me .Everything was working fine with it but now for some reasons there is some problem in it. The problem is that when I try to and when I try to scan something to my computer it says downloading application list. And the further problem is that it just stays there for about a minute and then eventually says cannot retrieve application list. Does anyone know the solution to this issue? If anyone knows then do get back to me immediately.

Re: Dell AIO 948 Printer unable to retrieve application list

I think that you should try to re-install the printer. For that what you need to do is first uninstall the printer. Once that is done then you need to reinstall the printer using the same procedure that you had used earlier. I am sure once you are done with this then everything will be fine with you. Also make sure that your computer has the latest windows updates especially the .net framework which is needed to run many applications.

According to me you can go for another option. This is you can go to device manager. Once you go there you will find a USB controller section. Here you will find a + sign. Now just click on + sign and then go to each USB root hub and then right click on it. After that you need to left click on the properties which should be followed by a click on the power management. Now uncheck the box and then allow computer to turn off this device to save power. And then restart your PC.I am sure this will help you to fix the issue.

Thanks for your solution. I feel that I need to work on it immediately to get my printer working properly. The next time I will use the printer I will definitely try this solution. I also need to see if the re installation process works for me or not. Hence there are quite a few options available for me which I can try and see if they work for me or not. I hope that at least one of them works for me. So I would thank you again for providing me with these options.

I feel that at least one of them will work for you. You just need to try out them but I would suggest you that you first go with the second solution and then move on to the re-installation one. This is because I feel that it will most definitely work for you and also it is a bit simpler that the whole reinstallation process while will take much more time. Also if it works for you then do let us know so that even others can go for it.

e MC Guest

I get this message whenever I plug my printer into a different USB port than the one I used when I installed the printer. Try a different port. That resolved the issue for me.