Thread: Dell 968w printer not working with HP DC7800

Dell 968w printer not working with HP DC7800

I am having a HP DC7800 desktop pc, which is running with windows XP, service pack 3. Along with this system I attached a Dell 968w AIO printer, through Ethernet cable, though the problem is with this one, it is not working properly, when I tried to scan a PDF file only this appears that the scanning is complete, but when I open this one, nothing is appeared in PDF and it returns to the main printer menu and require to download the printer’s scan applications. Is this problem arriving for the printer or for the internet connection, any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated greatly.

Re: Dell 968w printer not working with HP DC7800

I think this is occurring for the printer itself, to confirm about this you need to check any file from your system’s hard drive in offline mode, if this is working fine then ok otherwise take any further process for the printer itself. I hope this will help you to figure out the problem. if you are not able to resolve this issue with any suggested trick then I recommend don’t waste your time proceed to the service engineer.

According to me, if you are not able to scan the online PDF file, then save that file into your system in HTML mode or in pdf mode, if the file is in html mode and you are willing to modify it into the PDF format then give you one trick to do this, in the browser click on print option form toll menu option after open that page, now the file will save into your hard drive in pdf format. Now scan that file and then if required then print form there.

This is might be occurring for the printer driver, reload the driver, for that I suggest you to download the latest version from the manufacturer web site and then replace with the existing one, run the installation process and at the beginning of installation process it will ask you to remove the existing one, select that option and run the fresh installation process, go through this, I am sure it will definitely help you to resolve the issue.

Did you check the internet connection, though you are scanning eth only PDF file, and the problem is occurred with that, if this does complete the scanning process after showing that the scanning is complete, so it can be issuing for the internet connection. be sure that the connection is working properly, if you don’t find any such problem in the internet connection, then run the internet connection trouble shooting, I hope there you will surely get help regarding the problem that you mentioned in your post. Go through this.

There is relevant type of issue that I am facing with the Dell 968w printer; this is not running with my dell latitude laptop. If I tried to scan any document from online site or from my system’s hard drive it shows that the scanning is complete but there is nothing into the PDF file. along with another problem is that whenever I tried to print nay document, it open the printer dialog box, but if I click on print button after choose all the option, the dialog appears as grayed, and not responding, I need to stop that execution of this print windows from task manager, this is quite disappointing me, nay suggestion for me to overcome from the problem.