Thread: Dell Inspiron N7010 not detect webcam with windows 7

unsure Dell Inspiron N7010 not detect webcam with windows 7

My internal webcam is not detected by Dell Inspiron N7010, after upgrade the system from windows vista to 7. This is the first time that I encounter nay problem with this laptop, though this was working fine with the earlier version, then why this is suddenly happen with the newly installed operating system, not able to understand. I am a college student, and having such idea on these types of issue, so I am here for getting any help from nay one of you. Suggest me any trick to overcome from this problem.

Re: Dell Inspiron N7010 not detect webcam with windows 7

This is a very common problem with the inbuilt webcam in dell system, though this is first time occurred with you then I recommend you one process that I was tried when getting similar issue in my dell inspiron laptop. Open program and features from control panel, now look for the Dell Webcam central from the drop down list, remove that one and then try to reload the new version of webcam central from Dell site. I hope this will surely help you to overcome from the problem. go through this.

This is hardware issue, is the web cam device driver is listing inside device manager? Because I was also getting relevant issue with eth web cam and sound output in my dell XPS 16 laptop, after that I was tried with many tricks but nothing was helped me, and after getting failure with every trick when I tried to resolve this one from support team, found that it is occurring for the motherboard stips. They remove that one and my system was re-enable with the webcam. I recommend you to contact with the service engineer about this problem.

I am also facing a problem with the webcam in my Dell Inspiron N7010 laptop, it start but the video is not proper. It shaking each and overtime whenever I tried to open the video. Though another strange thing is that if I record any video and will play it then I can’t see any problem with the output. What type of problem is that? is here anyone having any idea on this issue, though after getting eth problem I applied many tricks to resolve this issue but nothing was helped me, suggest any positive tricks by which I can easily get relief from the problem.

What type of problem you applied to resolve this issue? Is the webcam driver is working properly in your system? Along with also like to know is the video card driver is also working fine in your system, I hope by reload the webcam driver you will be able to get relief from the issue. Download the latest version from manufacturer web site and replace with the existing one, try this it will hopefully help you to overcome from the problem.

I have the same intermittent problem with web camera, After much messing about with drivers etc. I have come to the following conclusion
    This is not a software problem but a hardware problem, By asserting small pressure with thumb next to camera close to the mic. The camera fires up evertime in skype. Please just try it out