Thread: OSD buttons unable to work on my Dell U2711 Flat Panel

OSD buttons unable to work on my Dell U2711 Flat Panel

I have the monitor Dell U2711 Flat Panel with me. To begin with everything was alright with the monitor but suddenly something went wrong with it. The issue is that my OSD buttons on my monitor have suddenly stopped working. But once the monitor is on then it displays the image from my PC but during that time none of the buttons except the exit button get a reaction. And then when you press the exit button then the locked padlock appears on the screen for about three seconds and then disappears. I exactly don’t know what the issue is so please help me on this issue.

Re: OSD buttons unable to work on my Dell U2711 Flat Panel

Even I faced a similar issue and what I did was to press and hold the buttons for quite a while. That helped me to fix this issue immediately. First I was just touching the buttons but I feel that you just need to hold them for a while and that will help you. So you can just check out if this works for you or not .If it doesn’t work then you need to contact the Dell technical persons aa they may help you to fix this one immediately.

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. I just went through the solution and tried it immediately. But unfortunately nothing happened for me. I tried holding the OSD Menu button for 10-15 seconds but everything remained the same. Actually if you look then the picture on the screen looks great from my PC but then I would really like to use the OSD buttons to access the preset color configurations like I was accessing on the one in the store. So please provide me with some alternate solution that will help me to fix this issue.

I think that you need to follow certain steps to get rid of this issue. What you need to do is just power off the monitor and then disconnect the power cord from the monitor. While disconnecting the power cord press and hold the monitor power button down for five seconds. Then reconnect the DVI cord to the monitor and to the PC video card. After that power on your monitor and your PC and then check if the OSD Menu button works properly or not. I am sure that it will work for you.

Even I had some similar issues and I am not sure how but my monitor was stuck in locked mode and was stuck on DVI-1.The thing is that I was just trying to switch it over to Display Port but holding the menu button did nothing. So my problem was that there was no input for DVI-1. It just kept searching and holding the menu button but it didn't work until the monitor had an input source. So I guess that you may need to use the same procedure that is being mentioned before and possibly it will work for you.

It really worked for me. I followed the directions that were mentioned before and they worked. I first started by just shutting down the monitor and then disconnecting the power cord from the monitor. Then I just hold the monitor power button down for five seconds. Then I reconnect the DVI cord to the monitor and to the PC video card. After that I switched on my monitor and then the PC. And after that everything was alright .Now the buttons work perfectly fine. So thanks a lot for providing with the solutions.

Hello,
    I also have the Dell U2711 Flat Panel, and the OSD buttons used to work. Now i want to change from HDMI to DVI and I cant. Neither the exit button gets a reaction nor a message of lockOSD buttons appear.
    Any thoughts?

Ohh and I tried everything u mentioned on the previous posts.
    Any suggestions on how to solve this?

Ohh and I tried everything u mentioned on the previous posts.
    Any suggestions on how to solve this?
    I have found that when the OSD is locked then you can just press the menu button for 15 seconds and after that it will get unlock and every user will be able to access the require settings, where as when the OSD is unlocked then just pressing the menu button for 15 seconds will let you just activate it.Just try it out and then let me know if it is helping you out.

I belive the menu button is the 4th, right?
    Anyway i pressed all buttons for more than 15 seconds, and also tried desconecting everything, pressing the power for 5 seconds and reconecting...run out of ideas...
    The ****ed up part is that a few days ago everything was working fine, and the screen has been standing on the same table ever since without noone touching it...

I belive the menu button is the 4th, right?
    Anyway i pressed all buttons for more than 15 seconds, and also tried desconecting everything, pressing the power for 5 seconds and reconecting...run out of ideas...
    The ****ed up part is that a few days ago everything was working fine, and the screen has been standing on the same table ever since without noone touching it...
    If that’s not working for you then there are possibilities that the OSD buttons might have gone faulty and I don’t think that there is some other workaround that you can try out, as you have already tried out the possible solutions by now to confirm if it is working or not, I will suggest you to better contact the dell service center and see what they have to say about the same.

Yes, I will do that... Thanks for the reply tho.

Because is there any chance I can change the input from HDMI to DVI without using the OSD buttons?

Quote Originally Posted by gigigi View Post

Because is there any chance I can change the input from HDMI to DVI without using the OSD buttons?
    I think that the easiest thing would be to try a HDMI/DVI cable. My cable box only had DVI out and thats what I use to connect to my HDMI input on my TV. Hope that helps you out. If the DVI input on the monitor is HDCP-compliant, all you need is a simple adaptor cable that shouldn't cost more then $30
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

hmm this seems like a very valid solution. thanks!

Then eventhough my DVI cable is going out of the HDMI port from my monitor, I'm still getting the max resolution, am I?

Then eventhough my DVI cable is going out of the HDMI port from my monitor, I'm still getting the max resolution, am I?

Anyway, tried a few computer stores and they dont have the cable/adaptor

dewitt-joyce Guest

I am not getting any message, not even "OSD locked" Tryed to press the menu button for more that 15 seconds and unplugging it, pressing the power button for 5 seconds and replug it without any luck. All I want is to change the input source from HDMI ti DVI, any way to do that without using the OSD buttons?