Thread: "Password protected" popup message in Dell Studio XPS 16 notebook

"Password protected" popup message in Dell Studio XPS 16 notebook

I am having a peculiar type of problem in Dell Studio XPS 16 notebook, after appearing the manufacturer logo and before load the windows loading window, it flashes a pop up message into my system screen, that the system is password protected, you are not able to access the data from this system. Not able to start the windows in my laptop. Now what should I do to get relief from this problem? This is running windows vista OS, along with specified with Intel dual core processor and AMD graphical interface.

Re: "Password protected" popup message in Dell Studio XPS 16 notebook

As per the problem I think this can be occurring for the departing system, for that I would like to suggest you to boot your system with the departing system installation disc, after appear the manufacturer logo into the screen start pressing f8 from your keyboard, now from the installation window click repair my system or windows repair option. Terminate the process and wait till it completed the process and reboot your system automatically, try it.

Almost relevant type of problem I am facing in my Dell system, whenever I tried to access any application or function regarding the hardware devices or software it flashes that the application is password protected. Windows not allowed you to access this one, though before that it was running fine, there is no other password protection in my system, along with also not encountered this type of issue before that, and main is I logged into the system with administrative account, then why this is occurring can’t understand, any idea on this problem?

This type of issue I found in many of the web sites, which can be caused for the virus file, any one of the file might corrupt the windows permission file and for this you need to scan your whole system with the updated antivirus program, try this, if there is any virus is affect your system then by this process you will be get relief from the problem. along with this also like to suggest you to try once to resolve this issue by change the user profile, create a new one and then log onto your system with this newly created profile, check whether eth problem is persists or not.

According to me I would like to recommend you to restore you system, open start menu and then from system tool under accessories, open system restore option, now from the list choose the correct restore point and terminate the restore process, be sure in that point you did not encounter any problem in your system, after complete the process in will require you to reboot you system, do this and the problem will be resolved. I was also applied this technique, when I was encountered this problem, and easily get relief from this.

Both the problem are simply occurring for the operating system, after applying the above mentioned process if still the problem arriving in your system then I recommend you to reload the operating system, this is the final and ultimate solution for these types of issues. Insert the installation disc and boot our system with that, click on install now button and choose the drive where to load the operating system. It will first format that drive and then will run the fresh installation process. It will reboot your system any times during this process; go through this, if you are still failure with the problem.