Thread: How to get a backlit keyboard for my new Dell XPS L502x

How to get a backlit keyboard for my new Dell XPS L502x

I got a new Dell XPS L502x and been using it very well from past few days. But now I am planning to get a new backlit key board as I think that I might be more comfortable with it. So for that reason I have been trying to get it from past few days. I've searched it on the dell website and talked to customer service. But the thing is that no one seems to give me a proper response. So someone please tell me from where to get it as I need one immediately.

Re: How to get a backlit keyboard for my new Dell XPS L502x

Even I need a backlit keyboard for my PC. Actually the thing is that even I had made a few calls spoke to customer service but they are the one who are least bothered. They just don’t seem to respond properly. Also after that I spoke to the parts and accessories support along with the technical support people. But no one can seem to give me a price or order it. So even I would like to know from where we get this backlit keyboard immediately.

I spoke with a person couple of days back and I suppose he had to call a warehouse about price information. They said that they will call me back but they haven’t replied me yet. I think that they do this to everyone. Actually I should gave got it from the time when I got my laptop. That was really a big mistake from my part. But I think that new I need to visit a store and get it immediately. I just hope that it will work for me.

Even I was facing a similar situation. But then I just called parts and accessories support. They gave me some case number and then informed me that they would give me call to insure I received the confirmation email. And after that I did receive an email along with a call from their side. After that I just used the case number and then I got the backlit keyboard immediately within few hours. So that was very quick on their part. So I suppose you should follow the same procedure to get it.

I just went through this and was really surprised to know that we even have the backlit option with the laptop. When I got the laptop I didn’t even knew about this. So even now I am very much eager to know how to get it. But speaking on my part I just browsed the Dell website and found that there was an option available to get the backlit keyboard. So you may again try this visiting the web site and see if you can get it from there or not.

Thanks a lot people for all your replies. It all started when I received a call from the dell certified technician. After that they took the old keyboard out and we discovered that the one that was shipped did not fit my Dell XPS L502x.So for that reason they then called an agent and that person was told my model number. But unfortunately they didn’t had a backlit keyboard available at that time. Then I just went back through the building process and rebuilt my laptop with the backlit keyboard option. So this is how it was done.