Thread: Video drivers unable to get installed in Dell VOSTRO 3700

Video drivers unable to get installed in Dell VOSTRO 3700

I was looking out for new lap top and after carrying out extensive research I got a new VOSTRO 3700.Along with that I received a new NVIDIA GEFORCE 330M.Now the problem is that when I tried to install the XP PRO it was showing some kind of error. Actually the problem was that all the video drivers from DELL or NVIDIA were unable to get installed in my system. So if anyone has the solution then please come up with the solutions.

Re: Video drivers unable to get installed in Dell VOSTRO 3700

I am happy to see this issue being raised by someone. Even I had a similar kind of issue a few days back and the only way I could resolve it is was by downloading the Intel HD Graphics driver from Intel's site and install.This is the best solution that I can give it to you at this moment. I feel that this will definitely work for you. Even I tried the same thing and then there was no problem at all with the installation of video drivers from DELL or NVIDIA.

As far as I am concerned I can tell you that you will not be able to use the NVIDIA discrete adapter until and unless there is a proper XP driver that is written. Or even it is possible if the onboard Intel adapter can be disabled. But the latter one is not a option in the BIOS currently. So you just need to be careful about it .But I think that as mentioned in the previous solution that downloading the Intel HD Graphics driver will help you to fix this issue.

According to my knowledge the VOSTRO 3700's began shipping with Dual graphics after the second-half of October of 2010. So in windows Vista and 7 you must use the Nvidia GT330M Switchable graphics drivers. The issue is that the windows XP lacks the display standards that are required for a dual integrated graphics and only the Intel integrated graphics is supported. Thus for this reason I would suggest you to avoid attempting to install the Nvidia graphics completely.

I just had a look at your issue and feel that there isn’t any solution yet for the drivers’ problem. It’s actually not a dual graphics but it is called hybrid of Intel and NVIDIA. Also we have been asking DELL to update the driver but no one yet has response to the request. So I would say that it’s more of an issue with DELL than any other thing. I would say you should contact DELL on this issue as they would be the best one to answer your queries.

Thanks a lot for your solution. I just went through the solutions and feel that they have helped me a lot. To begin with I have already contacted the Dell persons and they say that they have nothing to do with this issue. That actually was really strange. But I feel that I just need to immediately download the Intel HD Graphics driver from Intel's site and install it. I hope that it will help me to solve this issue. So I would once again like to thank you for the solution that you have provided me.