Thread: Nokia E72 screen freezes frequently

Nokia E72 screen freezes frequently

My Nokia E72 has begun to show me a lot of problems from last few days. The very initial problem is whenever I insert otherwise take out the headset then it does not identify it. So I cannot make calls since I cannot perceive sound from it. Now the screen also stopped working. This happens often on my phone. Once this happens then I cannot do anything with it and the only option I have left is to restart the phone. After 1 or 2 hours it happens again and I have to do it again. Can you please tell me how I can fix this problem?

Re: Nokia E72 screen freezes frequently

I think it's necessary to update the firmware of your phone. Firmware currently used may be damaged and so is the creation of these issues is occurred I your phone. Check the firmware version in your phone by pressing * # 0000 # on the phone. If update for the version available then you can upgrade to that and this may solve the problem for you. I say this because it was the right when facing the same problem. After upgrading the track is gone.

I do not consider that this is associated to the firmware. If the screen is freezes on some point and that is the reason that there are additional chances that chip on the phone screen is not functioning correctly. You can visit to some mobile phone store for repair and inquire them to adjust the display. They will charge somewhat for that but his work will be completed and your phone will come to the normal functioning.

You can try to make use of the phone devoid of the memory card and observe if the difficulty persists or not? If this resolves the problem then its fine and if that fails then before going to change the screen that you can make a factory reset of the phone. Go to Settings and click factory settings (soft reset). This will ask for the password. Provide the default password Nokia 12345 and press OK. After that will make other things, and restarted. This may solve the problem. If that does not help you then you can also go for the replacement of the screen.

The very first thing that you need to check in the issues like this is the warranty of the phone. If the phone is under warranty period then you should not try to do anything from your side. Just visit to the dealer of the phone and see if they can help you. If you feel that they are not so helpful then you can directly contact the Nokia care and as this is under warranty then they will fix it for free. If you try something from your side then there is chance that you might create some more problems to it.