Thread: Base system device missing in dell inspiron 6400

Base system device missing in dell inspiron 6400

The last time I go into the Device Manager suite has a small problem and I noticed that I was 3 points exclamation with yellow writing Base System Device. And I do not know what it is but I have many pence reinstall all drivers . And next to it when I try to leave the day before, my laptop crashed. For your kind information I am using the dell inspiron laptop with windows 7 operating system but really facing this issue so please help me in this case and let me know what I can do to solve the issue.

Re: Base system device missing in dell inspiron 6400

Looking at the problem here the first and the foremost thing that creeps in my mind is that you have to just see whether the driver on your system are properly installed on the system or not and then see to it helps or not. I am sure if the drivers are not installed then only you are getting this stuff and after installing the appropriate one all the issues will be solved and you will not any of the further such causes.

Well the yellow exclamation marks in front of the drivers are nothing but the drivers are missing or not present or corrupted. Now what you have to do here is that just see whether there is the internet connection available on you system because if it is there then you can definitely have a go at it and then you can update the same. I am sure that updating the drivers will remove the exclamation mark in front of the driver. I hope that it will definitely help you out.

Well I am also going through the same phase where I am unable to deal with the laptop I am having. formatted my laptop and I managed to reinstall all the drivers except for base system device 2 drivers that I do not know what it has corresponds yet I went on the manufacturer's website and I tried to find the drivers but was unable to find the same. Have anyone ever faced the same problem here if yes then please help me in this one

I have to same problem, too, on a revival of this formally dead Inspiron 6400. The 2 base drivers are for the SD card readers. I eventually figured it out by going into properties of each unknown base driver, and looking under location. Both location info in each base driver was identical except the function was different (PCI #, Device #, Function#). The standard SD host has the same characteristics so I'm sure that's probably it. hope it works for you.