Thread: Having problem in setting touchpad for Dell Inspiron Mini 10

Having problem in setting touchpad for Dell Inspiron Mini 10

Hello friends, I had recently taken a new laptop, the name of the laptop is Dell Inspiron mini 10, this is not my first laptop, and I had many of the laptop present with me in the previous time. The problem that I am facing in the current laptop is setting the touchpad, I have the problem in handling the most of the function of the left and the right keys with the help of the index finger of my left hand, and the right index finger to slide the pad in simultaneously handling other thing, I have done all the require setting for all the laptop that I was using in the previous time, but I am unable to do any of the setting for this laptop of mine as the key are been integrated in the pad and whenever I am trying to touch the pad I get the feeling that I am touching the keys. I also tried updating the ELAN driver, but it was not helping in any of the way.

Re: Having problem in setting touchpad for Dell Inspiron Mini 10

Hello there, this kind of the problem is been faced by many of the users who are using this device for the first and also the experienced users, I think that the design that the dell people had been made is not been properly maintained, also the orientation that is been presented in the laptop is not that good when compared with the previous version of the laptop. I just tried this to come out of this, hope that it will be beneficial to you, just disable the Tapping function in the laptop from the setting that is been provided, and you will see the difference that you find will be huge, I found it very difficult to manage while reading or doing any of the stuff in the laptop, but now I am somewhat relaxed after doing this.

Hi, I don’t know that should I consider myself lucky or not. I am also facing this kind of the problem in the laptop, the thing is sometime the pad become too sensitive and some time it does not work only. Also if I want to remove my finger from the pad I have to keep the other finger on it, also sometime the mouse pointer goes to the end of the screen and some time it move to the logo start logo. Tried installing the latest updation of the driver also did the system restore in it, but it was not happening only. I think the dell people should find some solution for the problem that all the user are been facing with these touch pad.

Hi there, you are right in this point the dell people are really running out of an idea as because of that they have done such a bad design for the keyboard for this laptop, I was facing a lot of problem in this, while I was working in the laptop I was facing a lot of problem in doing anything in it, it was really frustrating to do any work in it. The thing that I found out that you can connect an external mouse if you have any and just don’t use the pad of the keyboard and some of the tension will be reduced from your head, so just try and see, I think the dell people will be coming out for a n solution for the problem that most of the people are been facing in these design of the laptop.

Hello there, according to me the dell technician is been trying something different and they have started to use their creativity right from this version of the laptop that is been not gone right, I have seen in their previous design that it consist of some of the bug, which were been removed after it had been launching the model in the ahead years, by the way thanks for all the suggestion that you have provided me , it really cooled down now my nerves as it was really frustrating to use the laptop as it was giving error any time when you were working on it.