Thread: Inspiron 9300 laptop does not recognize the new hard drive

Inspiron 9300 laptop does not recognize the new hard drive

Hello friends, I have an issue in the Dell Inspiron 9300 regarding the new hard drive, recently I had got a new WD Scorpio Blue 160 gb hard drive, as I had connected this drive to the laptop I was not able to access it as it was written in the manual that the BIOS will only recognize the hard drive till 120 GB, is I had done the partition in it and tried to work that out, but it was not helping me in that also. When I booted the whole system I am not able to see the 160 Gb hard drive, the dell win xp disk is been present and also the CD/DVD is been set in a high mode in the boot priority, as the window start to load it just starts for some time and then give the error like it does not recognize the hard drive that is present in it.

Re: Inspiron 9300 laptop does not recognize the new hard drive

Hello there, I just went through your problem, and it seems that you must have missed the blade adapter, this is important as you are connecting the new drive to the laptop, so jut do one thing, the blade adapter that is present in your previous drive must also be present in the new drive of yours, so just put it back to the new hard drive of yours, also see that the hard drive which is been newly connected to the Laptop is been present in the and properly connected to the motherboard of yours. The partition that you have made in the new hard drive should not be greater amount one, like the hard drive should be present with a partition of the two smaller drive, and also do install the windows operating system to it, so that all your data is been present in it in a proper manner.

Hello there, I tried doing the thing that you have told as I was also facing this kind of the problem which you are facing, but it is not helping me in any of the ways. I tried looking in the different hard drive that I was having recently, the old one and the new ones, I noticed that, the pins that was present in the new and the older one was not the same. Also in the back of the old hard drive I noticed that after removing the old hard drive from the laptop there was a spacer present in it, the spacer that was present in it had to removed from it as it can be done by removing with the help of the two screws that were present in it. Hope this may help you in solving the problem.

Hello, I think that the hard drive that you have purchased is serial ATA drive which is not compatible with the hard drive that you had previously. To know that is this the hard drive a serial ATA one or something else just do the following thing, just match the original hard drive and the new one back portion of it, if they are same then it is okay then that is not the issue present in it, but if the back portion of the hard drive is not the same then that is not the hard drive that will be compatible with it. Try to replace the hard drive of yours with the one which is been properly connects to your hard drive.

Hey guys, thank you so much. The help that you people have been provided and the time you people that have been provided are really appreciated, I exchange the hard drive as it was not compatible with the hard drive of mine, as they had told me that the hard drive is been compatible with is but it was not so they quietly exchange the hard drive and gave it to me, otherwise it was a big issue for getting the hard drive or any of the device replaced from them, again thanks a lot to you people.