Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 24-03-2011

Studio XPS 16 LCD screen being marked / scratched when closed

I have a permanent mark on my XPS 16 screens in the bottom right, which is aligned with the front edge of the volume, adjust touch pad area. When the display is closed, seems to touch some points of the touch screen and / or keyboard. I bought this unit due to the big screen, so that a mark caused by simply closing the screen seems to be a difficulty! At the moment the brand is small (10 mm long) and barely noticeable, but will probably get worse. I am currently putting the soft bag that comes with the laptop on the screen before closing to avoid the trouble worse. I also notice that the screen seems to be lifting around the edges. It can be pushed back, but rose again soon after. Has anyone else seen these troubles?
Old 24-03-2011

Re: Studio XPS 16 LCD screen being marked / scratched when closed

I have looked after this laptop like liquid platinum. I actually handled with care. I have observed in the cloth bag, and then the laptop case. I am absolutely gutted that the high gloss screen are noticeable in two areas. This is a fault in this laptop from the day it was made. The lid / screen have enough flexibility in it for the screen to touch the keys on the traffic and the very start. The screen is the best screen I've seen on a laptop. It is truly impressive. And mine is already scratched. I complain about Dell.
Old 24-03-2011

I wrote my complaint in MS Word 2007 and copy it here caused the conversion of XML to HTML. Microsoft's new open document format (2007) contains data set (the written text) and the format and XML format. That's why HTML was not able to recognize it. It was very strange, since before posting the thread I copied the file. "Docx" contained in the forum topic that was just created and everything seemed as if the text is written directly to the publisher's site Dell Community.
Old 24-03-2011

I have the same troubles. I'm also very watchful with my laptop, but this seems to be a design flaw and do not see how you could prevent this without putting anything in between soft (not to be the explanation). I informed Dell and asked me to send pictures of the scratches on the screen, but this is quite difficult due to the reflection from the top of the screen, so they do not send the information yet.
Old 24-03-2011

I have the same difficulty. Successfully took pictures and asked pointing the camera at an extreme angle. It gave me the screen replaced, but created a new set of troubles. Originally there was a 1080i screen, but when I got my computer back, I had a generic screen. After weeks of service tells me that I was wrong, finally convinced them and yesterday I received my new 1080i screen installed. But still I have the same edition of the touch screen keyboard, so I went to the hardware store and bought some small bonding agent rubber stoppers and placed in the top corners of the screen. It helps a lot, but still has a small corner of the space bar to play.
Old 25-03-2011

? Paper towels contain fibers that can scratch paper. That's why we should not be used for clean-up lenses or computer screens. Instead, I suggest a chamois the car care section of the department store. Get the type of synthesis rather than the leather. Not only can you cut a fabric to the exact dimensions necessary to protect the screen, which will double as a cleaning cloth to hand as well.

? Do not carry your laptop in a bag without its own protective case or skin. The laptop should be all on your skin, while conveying the exception of the thin material placed between the keyboard and screen.

? Copy and paste from Microsoft Word on Internet forums is not a good idea, as we have seen. If you need to edit in Word, copy and paste from Notepad it instead. This should cut the HTML and stuff. Then copy and paste from Notepad to the editor of it.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,