Thread: Unable to boot Dell Inspiron Mini 9910 and error message "Operating System Not Found"

Unable to boot Dell Inspiron Mini 9910 and error message "Operating System Not Found"

Hello everyone my problem is quite simple that is when I start the Dell Inspiron Mini 9910 the message appears on black screen "operating system not found". The laptop was in use for several minutes when he restarted by analyzing the C drive, then he blocked in court analysis and since when we want to turn this message appears. And for your kind information I am using the windows xp operating system and using the same on Intel dual core processor. Please help me in this case and let me know what I can do to solve the issue.

Re: Unable to boot Dell Inspiron Mini 9910 and error message "Operating System Not Found"

Well the first thing that comes in my mind here is that you have to do the system restore and i am sure that doing the same will definitely help you to solve the issue and if not then you have to just press F8 at startup and then you will be directed in ms dos mode there you have to type scanreg / restore, and you take the registry and after that if the system goes then it is really good news for you. I hope it will help you so all the best from my side.

Re: Unable to boot Dell Inspiron Mini 9910 and error message "Operating System Not Found"

As mentioned by you that there was the error message then the error message clearly says that there is a problem in the operating system that you are using and if it is so then you have to install the latest and the advanced version of the operating system. Also you have to take care that it happens with out and mistake and if it does not work then you can repair the windows XP by inserting the windows Xp CD in your system.

Check the BIOS situations to assure that the BIOS lists and be familiar with the hard disk. For more knowledge on how to make sure the BIOS settings, see your computer documents or make contact with the manufacturer. After checking the computer's BIOS notices the drive, restart the computer, and then determine if the problem is resolved. If the problem persists or if the computer's BIOS can not detect the hard drive, the problem may be due to their hardware. Contact your hardware manufacturer for information on how to solve this problem. You may have to change the hard disk.

Use the fixmbr command in Recovery Console in Windows XP to fix the MBR of the boot separation. For more information about the Recovery Console, click the article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base. If the partition marked as active does not contain the Windows XP startup or if the active partition is a different operating system or incompatible, you must first dial the correct system partition as active before restarting the computer