Thread: Dell Studio 1569 Touchpad not working properly

Dell Studio 1569 Touchpad not working properly

I just bought the Dell Studio 15z (1569) of Best Buy and am experiencing arbitrary troubles touchpad, pointing erratic freezing. I updated the BIOS and drivers for touch screen to the most recent available - I read that this is a subject in motion, can be arranged through this software? I don’t saw this kind of problem before that’s why I am unable to solve this problem .if you have any better solution the please provide me it is better for my knowledge.

Re: Dell Studio 1569 Touchpad not working properly

This is a very general difficulty, and nobody appears willing to search the net for a solution. Most troubles can be resolved through a search. Jumpy cursor while typing due to hanging fingers or moving the keyboard or even now near the pad. Download and run the TouchFreeze Freeby. This will solve the problem with many cushions. If not, there are other similar programs. Search the Web, I hope this will help to solve the problem.

I searched for 3 days - this is much more than a mouse nerve - a hanging finger does not cover the freeze, the lack of response, not dirty, I updated the software, I hope that Dell has an answer - this is not a common problem for other laptops as I have had many - is a problem with a brand new Dell 15z - I met a person who thinks it may be due to the placement of the battery, remove the battery and ran on the cable and problem did not happen.

I have had problems not only with the keyboard, but also with a random wireless network stop working, the only resolution to close completely and start over again, even restarting the system solves the touch pad issue. With, I will try to move the cursor across the screen, and start and stop randomly, drag, and has the ability to respond very sporadic. Not while I write well, is when working with the mouse, and also at some point in trying to select the radio a box, select doesn’t when tapped. I managed the sensitivity, and every the settings and test with it for quite some time.

I have an ALPS driver acquired on the Toshiba site that is greatly better than the Dell driver, and has more options. Helping through leaving out the battery is attractive. What battery are you using right now and what charger sizes do you have? What happens at what time you run on battery among the charger unplugged? On the other hand, I would like to suggest you that if possible then go with ALPS driver. It is one of the better option for your problem.

Dell Studio 1569 Touchpad not working properly

Hello guys I have brought this new Dell Studio 1569 laptop and have started to get problems with it already, the problem which I am facing is that the touchpad of the dell laptop is not functioning properly, sometimes it will work smoothly but sometimes I am not able to move the mouse using it, now since I am first time laptop user so I don’t know exactly what could be the problem and how should I solve it so can someone suggest me what should I do to get everything proper.

First of all I would recommend that you should try to update the touch pad drivers, since everything that is external to the device usually requires some drivers to make it run, so I would suggest that you should first look to upgrade the drivers or if possible you should even try to install a completely new drivers of the same and then see if you can get the touch pad to run effectively.

Dude are the keyboards working fine or is it that even some of the keys of the keyboard is not working properly as well, so what I think that there could be a problem with the entire internal board of the laptop and you will have to get it replaced from the retailer from where you had purchased, also if you cannot that unfortunately you will have to show it to some engineer or something who can examine the same and can rectify the problem as well.

Try out this first as it can be possible that due to some reasons the touchpad might have got disabled, so you will have to try this option first and then look for others if you are still able to make the touch pad to work properly.
    • Click Start.
    • In Windows XP, click Run, type main.cpl in the Open box next to, and click OK.
    • Click the Dell Touchpad tab
    • Click on the image of the touchpad.
    • Click the Device Select (Select Device).
    • Select the check box and Disable Touchpad/Pointing Stick when external USB mouse is present
    • Click Apply , and then click OK.

Guys I am also facing some kind of a weird problem with the keyboard of my Dell Studio 1569 as I have come to know that there is a glitch in the keyboard that is not allowing it to function properly, sometimes while typing the keys doesn’t work while I can get the lights of the num, scroll and the caps on and off at that time, it is only that sometimes I can get the keyboard to function properly and sometimes I don’t, so can someone help me to rectify the problem. I have got all the latest drivers for the keyboard as well.

Dude if you have got all the drivers updated as well, so I think that the only thing that can be left is to format and see if everything can get back to normal, since the drivers of the keyboard are even updated while the time of the installation of the operating system, so it is possible that formatting can overcome the problem, if even after doing that still the problem persists than unfortunately you will have to give the laptop to a shop to get it repaired as there could be some of the internal hardware issues.

I had the similar kind of problem with my dell laptop and I discussed to many people to solve this problem then nothing happened. But one day I suddenly read somewhere I don’t know where but I read about elan smart-pad software. Then install this software generic form of nexium in me laptop and it work better for me my smart-pad freezing problem solved by this. As per my experience I would like to suggest you to go with this and after try it send me the report. I am sure it will help you.ad software

I get the same problem when using Scrabble on Facebook, or when trying to tag a photo in Adobe Photoshop Elements 9. The touchpad becomes very unresponsive and erratic. I am going to send the computer in to Dell, but I want more examples of where it goes haywire.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny concrete View Post
    I get the same problem when using Scrabble on Facebook, or when trying to tag a photo in Adobe Photoshop Elements 9. The touchpad becomes very unresponsive and erratic. I am going to send the computer in to Dell, but I want more examples of where it goes haywire.
    You can try and download TouchFreeze for your dell machine from here and check if that works out for you or not. If the cursors become jumpy while typing due to dangling fingers either touching the pad or even only close to the pad, then this problem can be solved by just installing and running the freeby TouchFreeze.

Oddly enough, everybody always assumes that this is some type of operator error. To quote George W. Bush, "This is not my first rodeo."

I can assure you that this is a defective touchpad. This problem surfaces as soon as you try to drag and drop an item, any item. Once the drag and drop is attempted, the touchpad goes haywire. In its "haywire" mode, the touchpad will not respond correctly to the motion of a single index finger on the touchpad. It becomes immediately unworkable and very annoying.

To see if it might have been due to something that I installed, I restored the computer to its original factory image. After the complete reinstall, a simple attempt to drag and drop a sample photo causes the problem to appear. While at Best Buy last night, I attempted the same with a display model. The display computer worked just as it should.

I would take a video of this problem, but the computer is on its way to Dell for warranty repair. It will be back in ten days or so. If they don't fix it, I will post a video on You Tube.