Thread: Dell Vostro 1500 is unable to boot

Dell Vostro 1500 is unable to boot

Hello friends, I am using the Vostro 1500 laptop from almost 2 years and it has not providing any of the problem in it, but in some past recent day whenever I tried to open the the laptop, it wouldn’t get boot, I just see the blue light coming on the power button, but nothing happens. Even the logo of the Dell which comes in the start was not even coming now, according to me the main problem is in the motherboard, I have also seen that the cpu fan that was there were working in the full speed, but no display in the laptop of mine.

Re: Dell Vostro 1500 is unable to boot

Hello there, I just wanted to share my experience with you as it is almost the same and tried various things that would help me to come out from it, in my case the Microsoft screen would appear and also some of the bars would keep moving as normal. But at some particular time it would just stops there only, tried running the system diagnostic tools to find if any of the problem is been present , and it was it gave me a post of system error and it would suddenly shut down the laptop, Basically, I am able to use the Dell home button and view my documents, pictures and also run presentations with PowerPoint viewer, but However I am not able to get to the laptop via Windows. I called the technician in this coming days and he will try to fix the issue that I am facing.

Hello there, I just went through you problem and its seems that it is very interesting to solve it. Do the following things when you on the laptop, once you have on the computer, keep on pressing F2 button, this will help you to enter into the bios of the laptop, there is also some of the official dell help support and online forum that will help you in solving the problem of yours, in the laptop of yours there is the model number which is present in the bottom, take down that number and in the online forum you will have to submit the number, once you have done that then a lot of the information has been present for various topic you can post your query there and you will get the solution for that.

Hi there, I have done all the things that you have told me to do, also I check the connection of the laptop, the thing is the hard drive does not spin when the laptop will be on at the initial stage, also tried to call up the technical people but as they are far away from me, they were unable to solve the problem that I was facing, it really frustrating, I also tried removing the CMOS battery and checking the connection, but no help from it, according to me the bios which is been present in it is giving some kind if the problem or it must have corrupted.

Hello there, I tried doing some of the thing to overcome this problem, I tried unplugging the CMOS battery and put everything back together, the thing for some days the laptop wouldn’t boot only. But after some days it started booting up. I tried various ways of booting up, with and without the hard drive and battery and only the power cord plugged in but nothing helped me in that. Also gave a try with the dell help forums, according to me they had a lot of information present in it, but needed the System Configuration Password to enter the dell site or to post any of the query, the other thing I seen id that I am able to boot from the windows xp operating system, but when I take the floppy from the device it do not recognize the drive only.

This is a strange issue that has been come forward, according to me I have never seen any of the issue with the password protection which dell uses in their Latitude BIOSes, according to me the System Config Password is stored in non-volatile memory, which are hard to remove from the memory. According to me the simplest way to solve this issue is to provide the Dell’s technical support department with a bill of sale this will help them in changing some of the setting or they will provide you with the System Config Password.