Thread: Can we use Vid HD software with non logitech webcam to make HD video calls?

Can we use Vid HD software with non logitech webcam to make HD video calls?

Guys I am making use of the Lifecam HD-6000webcam so as to stay connected with my friends in order to perform video chat which I doing pretty convincingly. But since that is a normal webcam and so I now find that the videos which I see through the webcam of the opposite party is of very low quality so I would want to know from someone of you that can we make use of the Vid HD software with my webcam in order to perform HD video calls and if yes than can someone suggest how.

Re: Can we use Vid HD software with non logitech webcam to make HD video calls?

No dude I don’t think so that you can make use of the Vid Hd software to make HD video calls to the other party through the non Logitech webcams as the Vid HD software is only made to work with the Logitech webcams and if you try to use with the other company webcams and if you try to run the same on your webcams so it will not work at all, so it is better that you make use of the software that would be compatible with your webcam.

Since you would want to make HD video calls in order to get good quality video chat from both the side than the one thing that you can try to do is that you can inform your friend who is using his webcam and instruct him to select the options “Let the webcam decide the best video resolution for my setup” and so he will get good quality video and even you will have to make this changes over here as well so that you will get the best resolution as possible.

Why don’t you just buy a Logitech camera as well and make the HD video calls from your side to the other party, now a days almost all the webcams are pretty cheap and you can easily buy them with no extra cost at all, that is you can even get warranty for the same and can get it replaced if something wrong turns out with the webcam, so I would always recommend that you must go with a Logitech camera.

Dude I would want to know that what are requirements that is necessary to make this Vd HD software to work on the system with the Logitech camera, since I haven’t used it yet so before making use of it I would want to be clear whether or not the system will be able to support the software to make the HD video calls, so please provide the solutions fast as I am unable to wait any longer to install the software.

Dude if you would want to make use of the Vid Hd software to make HD video calls, so you will have to satisfy these requirements, you will need to have a high-speed internet connection with at least 256 kbps upload / download for standard definition and at least 1 Mbps uploading and even downloading for HD 720p video calls. You will even need to have a CPU that’s a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 2GB of RAM for HD calls and a at least 1GHz CPU with 512MB RAM for basic video calls. Even the other party should have this kind of a configuration for the same.