Thread: Unable to record videos with Logitech C910

Unable to record videos with Logitech C910

Hello guys please help me out with the webcam problems that I am facing from quite few days, I have been using this Logitech C910 webcam from over a year now and I have already had many problems with it before but not this kind of it as I have found that I am unable to record videos through the webcam on my system which is having Windows 7 64 bit version. When I try to record video in the Logitech program the preview screen would pause and this would only happen at the time of recording, also when I try to play the save file it would only give a black screen but the audio is running perfectly, so can any one help me to know that what could be the problem.

Re: Unable to record videos with Logitech C910

First of all what I would want to suggest that you should try to reinstall the Logitech program that you have got along with the webcam and then see if you can get the video to record as well as to see it quite brilliantly after that . It is always possible that there could be some kind of a problem with software and that is why you are unable to record the video properly and that is why you are just getting the black screen but audio is running perfectly, so try this out and see what happens.

Hey friend what I would want you to know that since you have mentioned that you are making use of the webcam from past one year so is this problem just started now or is it was happening before as well. Also, if it has just started than I would want to specially know from you that in that period have you ever changed any kind of a hardware or a software from your system or have you done some kind of a changes to the file system. If this is a case than it could be possible that the files could be conflicting each other and that is why you are not able to get the video to show up while watching it.

Yes dear I forgot to mention that I had changed my operating system from Windows Xp 32 bit version to Windows 7 64 bit version, but actually I don’t remember whether after upgrading the system I have recorded the video through the webcam or not, since it is after quite some time I have been trying to record the video through the webcam, also I have tried reinstalling the Logitech software but it was of no use so can someone help me to know that what could be the problem.

Check out the connection of the webcam that you have done through the usb port whether it is perfect or not, also you have to see that you have connected to the usb 2.0 port so try out connecting the webcam to the various port that is available over in your system. I don’t think so that changing the operating system would cause any kind of a problem as such wit h the video recording, so you just try changing the port and then see what happens.

Dude I have come to know the problem that you are facing with the videos, since you are not getting the videos to play properly but only getting the audio to run so what I think that there could be a problem with the player that you are using to watch the videos, may be after you have done the upgrade of your system some of the codecs might have gone missing and that is why you are facing some problem with the videos, so try to install a different player and then see what happens.