Thread: My dell studio 1735 laptop has problem with the mute button on the panel

dell studio 1735 laptop has problem in mute button in the front panel

Hello friends, I am having a studio 1735 laptop, the laptop is working fine but it is having some problem in the mute button in the panel of it, the mute button get active on its own and in a certain interval of time, whenever I try to play any of the music and the video, it just get mute on its self, I am not able to come out from this right now as I thought of using the flash fix but I am not sure that should I go with it or not, tried all the possible thing like closing the laptop and removing the batteries but its not helping me in that, so kindly help me in this.

Re: My dell studio 1735 laptop has problem with the mute button on the panel

Hello there, I too had the same kind if the problem in the laptop of mine, the operating system that I am using is windows 7, the mute button was getting active at a certain time and I was not able to come out of it, so I tried to come out of it from this solution; first try to un install all the drivers and then download all the latest driver from the latest genuine site, now don’t install any of the drivers and start reboot the system, now go on the download file and right click on it, now go on the compatibility tab here you have to hit the run in vista SP1 and see that you have run in the Administrator, now run the program and reboot the laptop.

Hello friends, I to had the same problem in the HP DV41120 I too tried to find the solution of the same, the mute icon when turned in the orange color, it start making some noise in it. After doing this is just starts freezing and also I think that the problem Is regarding the sound devices, the only thing you can do that you have to install the sound driver for the same, the correct driver should be installed, if you install a driver which is not that compatible then it will create more problem. The driver which I have is sp41693.exe which is download from the HP site.

Hello there, my mute button was not working properly, so I tried doing some of the thing on my own, I just clicked on the speaker tab in the laptop, once I did that I went on the top of volume box. Now In that new box, I went in the General tab, once I went in the general tab then I went there and I clicked on "Properties" which were under controller information. Now the new box appears which shows the high definition audio codec properties. Now in the general tab I clicked Change settings, after this I then clicked the driver tab and then clicked update drivers, After this I did the auto restart, and after this my mute button works.

Hello there, I think that the problem is caused due to MSCONFIG disabling start up and the non windows other services, when I clicked on the HP Quick Start Buttons. As I was struggling with this I tried to figure it out on myself why this problem is been coming, I went back to the MSCONFIG and disable the HP Quick start button in it. I restarted the laptop and seen the result but it was the same thing happening again. The thing I found out is that I am unable to re enable the HP Quick Start Buttons, the only thing you can do is to go to the device manager and do the uninstall procedure in it, or just roll back the whole the driver setup.

I too was facing this kind of the problem in the laptop of mine , the configuration of the laptop is been as of yours, I tried doing the following thing,went to the device manager in that went to the sound and video game controllers, in that I had two devices which were showing up, then I rolled back the whole driver from there, as soon as I did that all the orange light of the laptop is been not present, now I tried to update the same device which were rolled back in the previous section and it has helped me a lot. Hope it helps you.