Thread: How to delete uninstalled apps from "My Downloads" menu?

How to delete uninstalled apps from "My Downloads" menu?

I am using an LG Ally with 2.2 Android on it. There are few applications (apps) in the ”My downloads” menu that I had installed before but uninstalled lately. But they still remain on the menu. I have tried deleting the cache but this did not fix the problem. What should I do? I want to remove those unused icons and files. Someone give me the solution for this problem.

Re: How to delete uninstalled apps from "My Downloads" menu?

I also had the same trouble. I reset my factory settings to remove those uninstalled icons form my menu. By my experience (a bad one though) don't forget to back up your important data, before performing a factory reset. Because when you reset your cell phones factory setting, all your installed application and saved data will be erased. Its very easy to reset factory settings. Just follow the instructions. Click the Menu key from the Home screen. Then press on the Touch settings, followed by clicking on Privacy. Finally click on Factory data reset. Always remember to read the warnings before touching Reset phone.

There is one more way to reset the factory settings, if you are not able to access your LG Ally’s setting menu. For that first you have to switch (turn) off your mobile. Then press and hold the home key + Power key + up or down Volume key all together. Switch (Turn) on your LG Ally while keeping the three keys pressed. Release the keys while the LG logo is shown. Hope you understood the solution.

I tried resetting the factory setting and it did worked for me. But I still have this major query. I can’t reset every time I come across this problem. Also I always have to take backup of my existing data which is not that much feasible. I liked the above solutions but can someone give me anything better than this? Feedback will be appreciated. Anyways Thanks for the above solutions.

Try using an application (app) called history eraser. It might help you. It at least helped me to erase my search history. You can download it from Android Market either directly to your mobile or to your PC(and then transfer it to your mobile, as you prefer). Also if the app says "update" then the application is still installed in your system. Or else try doing this. Go to home and then menu. Click on settings and then go to manage applications. You will find the list of all the applications installed in your mobile and then you can completely uninstall the apps you want to. Hope it works for you.