Thread: C910 Webcam appearing Blank when using Quick Capture.

C910 Webcam appearing Blank when using Quick Capture.

Hey, I Brought a Logitech C910 Webcam. I am unable to capture still images. It shows a blank screen when I am clicking on Quick Capture button. No Image nothing, complete black. But the webcam is working fine when I make video calls. What can be the problem..? I am using Windows XP Home Premium. Please help..!!

Re: C910 Webcam appearing Blank when using Quick Capture.

Check whether the camera is switched on or not. Normally a small LED light on the webcam glows when the webcam is on. Check if there's a small switch on top of the camera. Check whether the connection is fine, like the wire is not entangled or if the USB connection is loose..? If it’s loose then try a different USB port. Make sure the drivers are properly installed and configured according to the PC.

Read the manual you got with the product and try installing it the way they specified. Check the PC requirements. If you are in warranty period then go get it replaced from your nearby Logitech store or from where u purchased it. Or before replacing the existing product, call the Logitech Customer Care and ask them for the solution of your problem. They will surely be able to help you out of this.

I checked the USB connections and it’s perfectly fine. I even went back to the retailer for replacement but I was pretty much shocked to find that the webcam worked well when connected to their PC. But when I again tried checking it on my PC, it showed the same problem. What should I do now..? Someone please give me the exact solution. It’s frustrating now…!

The best solution would probably be to uninstall the webcam driver and then re-install the driver for the webcam and connect your webcam whenever prompted during installation. Don’t forget to restart your PC. Check your video card. Obtain and install the latest Video Card drivers, and make sure they are updated. Also check the advanced video settings of the camera; you may have to adjust the parameters to get a good picture.