Thread: Windows Vista laptop screen goes black & won't turn it back

Windows Vista laptop screen goes black & won't turn it back

My windows vista 32-bit system architecture compatible Lenovo laptop, this was running fine till the last date, but suddenly I encountered a problem into my system. When I turn of the laptop lid it appeared nothing, but if I again turn it on it flashes nothing into the screen, it completely appears as black, but the power on turn on. In that case I need to turn off the system by directly pressing the power button. What kind of problem is this, any suggestion for me to resolve this issue?

Re: Windows Vista laptop screen goes black & won't turn it back

I recommend you to change the action of the system performance when you turn off the lid, for that enter to the power option under control panel, and from there choose the time interval of the display of your system screen when the it is on the power mode or in the battery mode, along with this also choose the do nothing option when the lid of your laptop will moved down. I hope by made the changes you will be able to overcome from the problem.

I am also a facing a problem with my newly purchased Compaq Presario laptop, this is running with windows 7 ultimate. The problem is it is not allowed me to do anything whenever I open the lid of my laptop, the complete screen goes black, and if I reboot the system for the first few minute the screen flickers completely, but after that it regain to its original position. What type of issue is this, any suggestion for me to resolve this issue, though I was tried with the power plan but this is already set as do nothing mode. any input about this issue will be helpful greatly for me.

This problem sounds for the malwarebyte, though I was also facing similar kind of problem, in my case I found that problem was occurred for that, and this I encountered after check the power plan setting, which was not working as it defined, if I leave the system for more than 60 seconds the screen completely appears as blank and for this also the desktop background is flickers. So in your system if the problem is also happening for the virus file, then I would like to recommend you to run the scanning process with the updated virus database and then reboot your system after remove the virus file.

This can also be occurring for any other installed application, those are related with the graphics or any other visual effect, for that open the program and features, now from the drop down list click on the application which is very unknown to you and might be cause of this issue. Remove that one and reboot your system, along with this also check the graphics setting of your system. few months back I was also facing relevant type of issue, and after a deep search on this I found this might be occurred for those types of application, if you found any such kind of application then remove that one and then check whether eth problem is still persists or not.

According to my knowledge, I would like to suggest you to reload the graphics driver, for that open device manager and then open display tab. Now right click on device driver and choose the update option, select advanced recommended option. It will direct you to locate the driver installation file form the desire location, browse and run the fresh installation process, wait till it requires rebooting your system. Go through this process, I hope this will surely help you.