Thread: Is web browsing on android faster than iPhone?

Is web browsing on android faster than iPhone?

So is it true? I just happened to come across a article in the internet and it is said that the web browsing in the android phones is much faster than the iPhone. So is that true? I was really very impressed with the article and I thought I must post in the question here so that I can get an good topic to debate on. I think you all are the better persons to answer me on this query. So anyone who has any good knowledge on this topic may join in here, I am waiting to get some reactions from your side.

Re: Is web browsing on android faster than iPhone?

I think it is a test conducted by the blaze software so that we would be able to get some answers on who is the better of the two and from all the test conducted by them it is said that the android wins the race with a good margin. They have tested them with the wifi hotspot as well as in the 3G connection the android has emerged as a winner here. The devices that were used in the test was the Samsung nexus and the iPhone 4. So I suppose you have got enough information on this topic.

If we take into the consideration what apple people said, they have actually rubbished the test and they have said that the testing company have actually not taken the apple’s safari as the browser while testing. So that’s why they are not taking the test seriously and hence rubbishing the reports that the android is faster than the apple iPhone 4. If they have actually not taken the safari browser while testing then it would be unfair to say that android is faster than the apple. So as of now we cannot say anything on this topic as both of them looks good to me.

It is said that the blaze may have used the wrong application to actually test the browsing speed of the apple iPhone 4. Safari with the recent update is said to be much faster than all the existing browsers in the applications. It is also being said that Blaze's methods may not reflect the way most of the iPhone users surf the Web. Personally speaking I am a big fan of all the apple products and I will continue to support apple for whatever they are, so this is my point of view on this topic.

I support this test and I think android is a slight better then the apple’s newly released operating system iOS 4.3. I don’t think that apple has wired up the Web apps to iOS 4.3's new browser features. So that’s why it is a bit slow there. I personally own a Samsung galaxy and I think that is the coolest phone that I have the speed that I get is quite good and hence I support the conclusion that the blaze software people have made here. Apple itself is working on standards such as CSS that will make the Web applications more useful and powerful, which the android has already worked on and so that’s the reason why apple is lacking a bit behind of android.