Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 20-03-2011

WD Passport Not Recognized on my System

Hello
I have a WD Passport-WDBAAA5000ABK-00 which was working perfectly till sometime ago. It has stopped working..
My Win-XP does not recognise the drive. Although, when I connect thru' USB port, it gives a beep. The LED indicator also comes ON and flickers. I can sense the internal mechanism activating when held in my hand.
But when I check the same thru' Windows XP - My Computer, the drive is not shown.
Please guide as to how can I recover the data.
warm regards...bobby6910
Old 21-03-2011

Re: WD Passport Not Recognized on my System

First check in Device Manager that the Hard drive is detected there or not. For that right click on start > run. In the box type devmgmt.msc and hit enter. In that go in Disk drive and look for the hard drive. If you can see that then right click on click on uninstall. Reboot your system and reconnect the same. If still it is not working then try to carry the same to service center. It can be a hardware failure.
Old 15-01-2014

You need ot right click on My Computer and then go to Manage. After that click on Disk Management in the given option. At the right side you will be able to see WD Passport drive written with some Disk number. Simply right click on the same drive and then choose the option to Change Drive Letter and assign a different letter that is not used like T:. After completing the process the drive will be visible.
Old 17-01-2014

Incase the drive powers up and you head the drive spinning then it is an operating system issue. You can try to connect your WD hard drive to another pc and see if that works. If it is a Windows problem then try to clean the registry of your Windows by using software like CCleaner and install all Windows Update and also all the drivers in your computer. Then try to plug the hard drive and see if it works.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,