Thread: View my Quickcam Pro 9000 webcam remotely from Internet

View my Quickcam Pro 9000 webcam remotely from Internet

I have recently bought a new Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 webcam which I have connected with the Windows 7 desktop machine at my office. This machine runs 24/7 at my office but an obvious thing is I am not going to be there at office all the time due to which I want to use this webcam as surveillance camera. I want to ask you guys that how can I view this camera from an internet so that I would be able to view it from anywhere. IP of this machine is not static.

Re: View my Quickcam Pro 9000 webcam remotely from Internet

A good initiative of the website "Live Now" which enables you to transmit the captured video with your webcam live over the Internet. There are various ideas on how to use this great service but the one that catches my attention is to be an online reporter and can transmit anything you see on the street. Also clear is you can stream all kinds of events, weddings, meetings and if one could not travel at least see the event live over the Internet. The transmission speed is good, will try the service with many online users.

For the past few years is quite common that most users have a webcam on your computer, which can videoconference with other users via the Internet. While most webcams come with software standard that allows many functions, it is sometimes interesting to know any program that can also be used to manage it, so today I present WebcamXP. WebcamXP is a program focused on managing both webcams and IP cameras, offering the ability to manage the streaming video they produce.

I suggest you to get the SpyCast Webcam Studio as through this software you can reach the full potential of your webcam. Record audio / video, send pictures by e-mail, you generate a web page and upload them via FTP. By the motion detection is the software is able to take over control functions. It is freeware that you can also participate in the WebKlyx webcam community.

WebCam Monitor : The program can not only detect events that reports a connected webcam, but also external alarm device, such as motion detectors, door contacts, glass break detectors or smoke detectors. During an alarm, the recorded images stored on video and can upload via FTP or e-mail will be forwarded immediately to any desired location, and the switching of external alarm siren or lights as possible.

Broadcasting won’t be working If user has a non-routable IP address because a Non-routable addresses are not usable over the Internet. These addresses can be connected via a local area network (LAN). All addresses starting with 192.168 are no routing, as well as some others. If you are unsure what type of IP address you have, you need to know your ISP or a network professional. If your PC has a non-routable address, you can stream video to reconfigure the network router to use "Port Forwarding", as explained in the article Setting up the camera and the PC for Internet Broadcasting.

First, you require a static IP address for the PC where you attach the camera. An Internet protocol (IP) is a only one of its kind number assigned to each computer on a network. A static IP address never gets changed. By contrast, a dynamic IP address may vary recurrently. A dynamic IP address possibly will work for the time being for broadcasting, but when you change the broadcast will be available. As an option to a static IP address, you can allocate a domain name to your PC. Services like no-ip.com and dyndns.org allocates a name to your PC, which can be used to view the video broadcast.