Thread: Logitech C310 HD Webcam freezes with Skype

Logitech C310 HD Webcam freezes with Skype

I am having a Logitech C310 HD Webcam which I have connected with my Windows 7 desktop machine. I thought there would be no problem to use this webcam with the skype but just like other comments on the skype, Actually it detects my webcam but when I try to start the video call then it gets freeze. I have installed the Logitech Drivers 13.10.1216.0. Sometime LED gets black out or sometime it freezes directly.

Re: Logitech C310 HD Webcam freezes with Skype

Depending on your needs, you can choose to view the image of the caller in a window or full screen. If the webcams of the two protagonists are connected when the conversation begins, then the video conference begins instantly. During the video conference, you can also use the chat tool for Skype and any other program on your computer. However, it is clear that more programs are open and the quality of the video conference will suffer: freeze (freeze frame) synchronization between picture and sound, etc.. In our tests, the freezes were relatively frequent, so that our equipment and our connection is good.

For getting the better image quality and timing you need to have good Internet connection and enough number of open programs. Video telephony function is particularly sensitive to the quality of equipment and connection used. Just as your headset, be sure to set your webcam before you connect. To do this, click Test the webcam in the Video Options. Adjust your camera until the image is clear and fluid. You'll be ready for a video conference quality.

I have gone through an exactly the same problem when I was using a skype on my machine with the logitech webcam. To solve this problem, First of all I started uninstalling the Skype and then reinstalled it with the latest version. But please keep one thing in mind that you should save your chat history files before you uninstall Skype. You may need to make sure that hidden files and folders are displayed.

I think the problem must be related to the video card driver installed on your machine which might not be supporting enough for streaming such video on your machine. It could be possibly the webcam driver as well. I suggest you to reinstall or better update the windows 7 drivers installed on your machine which may solve this problem. Check that you are able to watch online videos with ease or not. If not then check about an internet connection as well as there might be some issue as well.

If you update your drivers and and still it is happening, then it may be passed mostly by programs though it is rare...I guess you must know that the camera does not produce any decision in such case, whatever is either a hardware failure then yours usb might have got damaged or worse then it should not be counted as failure of the software. Try rebooting your machine and then don't tell me that you have got a fatal error.