Thread: Logitech C510 HD Webcam Disconnects anytime on Windows 7

Logitech C510 HD Webcam Disconnects anytime on Windows 7

Hi guys I recently bought a Logitech HD Webcam C510 from a local Best Buy and now and I'm experiencing intermittent problems. Beyond the return policy of 30 days!. I'm running a Windows 7 x64 bit with my Logitech c510 directly connected to the PC (no hubs). When using Skype for video calls, I recently started to record my video (my side of the cam) to stop working.

• Black screen on my part (no picture of me), not the image through Skype, not the image with the Logitech software.
    • No power light on the camera (the light turns off when the problem occurs, could be the recording light?).
    • PC makes the device are ringing when I touch the cable into the back of the webcam (it was never physically harmed).
    • But as soon as you disconnect the USB from the back of my PC and reconnect, the video starts to work again!

Re: Logitech C510 HD Webcam Disconnects anytime on Windows 7

If you are struggling with the typical problem of a bad Skype connection and a distorted sound, you should first find out the exact measurements of the compound. You can Skype the technical data of the transmission during a call, let's from. You can also Skype_Testserver "Echo123" then call to check your connection quality. The advantage is that you connect directly to the server and thereby excluding the system of a "real" conversation partner is faulty, it can. These test calls, and your announcement should be played out more perfectly, you know with a high probability that the problem lies with your opposite.

The connection can be found between many data and the information on the packet loss (packet loss): It shows the data loss. Divided into "send packet loss" and "Recv packet loss," you see the data when sending and receiving lost percentage how much. If a value greater than 5%, there is echo effects, from about 10% to other related disruptions. These data losses are caused either by Skype or from your computer. Here are the problems with your Internet connection to the remote site or the ISP that you access the Internet. Other important data for the compound are

• The "Round Trip": The delay should not exceed 300 ms display.
    • The number of "Relays" should not be higher than 3 are not .
    • The "CPUUsage" eventually, so the CPU utilization should not be higher than 80%.

First, I would recommend you - your home network if you are running - not a "public NW" but a "workplace NW" set up. Furthermore, you should check your graphics driver check. It is NOT recommended to update to "automatically" in the Device Manager to make, primarily because Microsoft drivers from the "house" brings the database and this may be outdated. So you load drivers on the manufacturer of the graphics down the company. Possibly. this helps already. Possibly. It would be helpful if you last a conversation's data "on the Skype options" is the technical and then activate the relatively large pop-up window.

I have seen such problems with the Skype video calls but one questions rises in my mind that when you say that skype is disconnected, you mean that the application closes? or simply that your Skype account is disconnected? Does your sound card is configured properly? You should give it a try this map before going further. If there is a problem, there are ways to configure it.

If you suffer from the fact that the Skype, the sound is missing or the connection fails, then try the following:

1. The driver of your sound card is probably outdated. Update it.
    2. The necessary ports in the router may be blocked (Check the port incoming Skype calls in the "Options" under "Connection." Turn off the port for free. Read the router manual for information or contact support.
    3. A firewall may prevent a connection. Check the settings and unlock the required port.
    4. The audio settings are incorrect.

Like many others, I still use Windows 7 and had very good success with Skype. Unfortunately, this has fundamentally changed the version 5.1 with. Not only do I attempt an update no longer start after Skype. Even after repeated, thorough house cleaning in the system and the registry it is possible for me to start Skype and no more. There is always the error message "Failed to proc address for SetDLLDirectoryw (kernel32dll). I suspect that this error as well as with Google Earth in the past treated version we Namely, not at all not a service point, which the customer directly is dealing with it, yes. . Now I am not Skype my stable running system radically change because of (Never touch a running system), but on the Internet for a VoIP Program look around me, on my system running well. I hope to do many more.